It Ain’t Just ETSY

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Randy Abercrombie, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Down at the coast in a very historic area so I study the area on my phone and see that I have a coin shop in town! Head down there, pay to park two miles away and start my hike…. I get there and this don’t look much like a coin shop. Looks much more like a tourist trap junk gift store…. I pull my phone out and re-check myself and sure enough I’m at the right place….. OK, head in and see a small glass case in a dimly lit corner with what appear to be 2x2’s so I walk over and first thing I see is a sign on top of the case that reads, “Each envelope contains ten wheat cents guaranteed to be dated prior to 1959. Some envelopes even contain steel war cents!”…. Only fifteen dollars!?!?! Say WHAT???? I didn’t spend any time studying their inventory. The only redeeming thing was the ice cream shop next door so it wasn’t a fully wasted trip.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

You should offer to sell them wheat cents for 50 cents each. I'm sure they would be happy to get such a great deal.

Speaking of coin shops, I FINALLY got one that moved in near where I live. They used to be an hour drive away, but they moved to a city right next to me, so now I don't have to spend more time driving than browsing their inventory.

Luckily, it isnt a scam like the one you found. Sure it wasn't $1.50 each? Lol.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Hey, you got ice cream -- and exercise, which means MORE ice cream!

Draft saved Draft deleted