It’s not a vice job... but what?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by playguitar, Dec 27, 2020.

1. playguitar

playguitar Member

Sure, I get that, more than most. I have been a professional artist my whole life and I don't want to dispute what you are saying because it is true, but only to a point. That point being I had to use two light sources to get these photos and also the edges of these numbers are very sharp and do not exactly reflect the same light as a dull rounded one with two light sources, both being only two or even one inch out of view. I appreciate the time you took to make that for me though!

adelaide888 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. playguitar

playguitar Member

I know, I don't get it all either.

4. playguitar

playguitar Member

Yes it may be damaged. My point is it is not a vice job and I just wondered what it might be. It is the impossible penny. Please look closely at the photos, the key isn't in the comments but the pictures. On the front it has the word trust three times both raised and forward. The backwards 5 and other date is raised on the back and most everything but the imprint of the memorial and the rim are raised up except one or two of the many Americas. It is truly baffling if you really look closely.

5. playguitar

playguitar Member

That's more like it! thanks!

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I never claimed it was a vice job. I simply said, it's damaged. I've been to the mint in Philadelphia, talked with them and there is absolutely no explanation as to how this could have happened at the Mint.

7. playguitar

playguitar Member

Sure, I did that already under my 16 times I think jewelers loop with a straightened staple from my stapler and many of the artifacts, about 3/4 of them are with out a doubt raised up and it also made about a dozen little scratches that were easily readible on the dirty coin in the light. And ya, it is a little out of round, which would be indicative of high pressure.

8. playguitar

playguitar Member

Cool, will you do one for me?

9. playguitar

playguitar Member

Can we see a photo?

10. playguitar

playguitar Member

My goodness you are dark, but funny I guess.

11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Vise and vice are two different words.
    The OP coin is a textbook example of a vise job.
    Thread of the year.

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

No! The funny thing is that the people who've come here claiming they have a Mint error and are told that it is just PMD have never come back.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  13. playguitar

playguitar Member

So essentially y'all are implying that someone potentially could squeeze old pennies together in a vise and create copper dies and then print new faces onto other copper pennies with these copper dies squished in vices... To me that doesn't make cents! I will send it to Wexler if he will do it . I mostly make a living as a musician these last five years and it has actually been illegal for me to work since March 8th or so, so don't get all your undies in a bundle about me spending 100 dollars on authenticating anything, despite my bravado, until at least they kick back in some sort of unemployment. I have a wife, y'know, you think she wants to spent 100 of our dollars on a coin grading? She thinks coins are so boring she might fall over if I even talk about them, so let's be a little more realistic. I hope Wexler will do it for 5 dollars.

14. playguitar

playguitar Member

Well, yes, this doesn't look good for me but I am telling everyone to look closer; it also has the word trust three times raised up on the front. It has raised words under regularly raised characters. The only incuse parts are like one America, the memorial and some rim, although Yes it is hard to tell in my photos and I would change that if I could. Maybe I will have time to mess with it again in a day or two

15. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Damage and over 100 arguing messages another infinity to go to waste for a useless damaged coin worth F.V which has been said so many times.

16. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Folks, please stop arguing with this person. It is clear he will not be swayed by anything we say. You're just wasting everyone's time. Every person here is wrong but him. We are all crazy and don't know what we are talking about, and this guy knows this "impossible coin" is going to make him big bucks. If that sounds stupid, it's because it is. Reasoned arguments will quickly be dismissed.

We need to focus on getting him to submit his coin for attribution, and nothing else.

@playguitar I'm disappointed to see how quickly you've backed away from submitting your coin. You've laughed in all of our faces claiming you'll make $50,000+ from this. What's $100 compared to $50,000? Especially when I've promised to return your costs once it is attributed. I, for one, will not rub it in your face when you finally come to realize it is just a squished coin. Your zealous fervor is dangerous not only to your budget, but to others who so desperately want to strike it rich. With that note, here's the process for Wexler: https://www.doubleddie.com/402401.html

17. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Maybe when it warms up. My shop is not heated and not going to do this for one cent.

Heavymetal likes this.
  18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Just a what if scenario...what if @playguitar actually made this himself and is trying to pull a fast one on us? Stranger things have probably happened. Like people who have taken other sites coin photos and claimed they were their coins. Defacing U.S. currency is a crime and coins are currency. Maybe it's time to get the Secret Service involved here? :confused::dead::dead::D LOL

Inspector43 likes this.
  19. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Secret Service? Bet they’re just waiting on our calls

Seattlite86 and tommyc03 like this.
  20. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Also, bear in mind the OP is a graphic artist. with a good image manipulation program, using layering and masking, it is easy to create an image like that

tommyc03, manny9655 and Inspector43 like this.
  21. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Be sure to give @playguitar a discount and only charge him $25K for it.;)

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted