It’s not a vice job... but what?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by playguitar, Dec 27, 2020.

1. playguitar

playguitar Member

344F36CA-CF6C-464C-9A88-B828849FABE6.jpeg 6FC8D74C-C28E-414F-9874-B7B9FB174351.jpeg 6FC8D74C-C28E-414F-9874-B7B9FB174351.jpeg 344F36CA-CF6C-464C-9A88-B828849FABE6.jpeg AF6DE3ED-A8DC-414A-800B-7D190BF4465F.jpeg EC8053D2-D8F4-4F56-83FD-564F880BAE5F.jpeg BFFDE628-5AD3-4081-AFFE-3E162A4CA039.jpeg 8F8AD3E0-18AD-4865-82D6-359FADB60EED.jpeg 6FC8D74C-C28E-414F-9874-B7B9FB174351.jpeg 344F36CA-CF6C-464C-9A88-B828849FABE6.jpeg I know you guys want to call this a vice job but most of this is raised letters even when backwards and also I count three at least of the word trust both forward and raised up. But how could that beautiful raised 1975 be on a 1978? I know you won’t believe me but if you could see you would see it’s no way a vice job, I studied engineering in college, ended up a fine artist for 35 years and I’m not ignorant of material science. You can’t mold a copper penny from another copper penny with pressure, you would just flatten two pennies would be my take on it especially after putting two pennies in my vice. Has anyone actually made a vice job penny?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

With the backward lettering it can only be another coin pressed with pressure against the other. Vice job

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I see you are a new member here and hope you have an open mind, but @expat is correct. Anytime the lettering is backwards it's a vice or squeeze job done outside the mint. It just does not happen otherwise. A dropped letter or numeral is even a rare occurence.

5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

double vice job

Inspector43 likes this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Contrary to your title it is indeed a vise job.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    adelaide888 and Seattlite86 like this.
  8. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

100% a vice job.

Marites Foertsch and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. playguitar

playguitar Member

I know it cannot be a vice job, especially a double vice job because the letters and numbers are raised up and it says trust three times raised up and forwards. It has raised letters above the normal raised letters and like “vice job “ things that go under the regular printed raised letters. I know you think I am crazy but there is no way this was created by pressure from another penny. Anyway, someday I will get to the bottom of this but you guys are writing it off far too easy without looking closer but thanks for discussing it. It may not be mint error but you can’t print a penny with a penny, that isn’t how metal works in my opinion, and you especially can’t print one with raised letters, even if they are backwards.
    Anyway, I think this penny is fascinating and you guys shouldn’t toss it away so quickly .
    And I am not so new to the game just cause this website lists me as a newbie, I just don’t post much I hate computers

10. playguitar

playguitar Member

I have tried to make a vice job penny, it doesn’t work. Try it yourselves I promise you can’t do it

11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

paddyman98 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  12. expat

Sorry but no. The memorial across Lincoln's head is incuse

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  13. playguitar

playguitar Member

Look at the picture with just a raised up 5 and you all think that was a vice? Its a 5 printed above the raised “a”

14. expat

It has been done many times by many people, most of them have been posted in these forums.

15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Sure you can. Get a bigger vise or use a press. Copper is soft and the design will transfer.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  16. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I'm not sure about the Printing thing . Coins are " struck"not Printed . JMO of the OP's knowledge of the coin minting process .

17. playguitar

playguitar Member

Yes the memorial is incuse and some pluribus is but everything else is raised (I forgot the opposite of incuse word for a moment) look where the raised “A” goes completely under the “b” in liberty . Look at the word trust it has the word states UNDER it and that is simply impossible as a post mint error. So, I’m imploring you to actually look closely at the photos because everything about this coin is impossible

18. playguitar

playguitar Member

Well sorry I was a graphic artist and not a coin printer

19. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Who cares how it was done? It is PMD and no added value.

Marites Foertsch likes this.
  20. playguitar

playguitar Member

21. playguitar

playguitar Member

It’s not pmd

Draft saved Draft deleted