It’s been forever...small find!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinBlazer, May 16, 2020.

1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

So today I “graduated” High School and received my “packet” including my Diploma, free tee shirt, sticker and cash of whatever my remaining lunch account balance was and some other random school junk. My lunch account balance turned out to have a wonderful little find within it. Can you see it? (Picture recreated for post)
    image.jpg
    1964-D Washington Quarter 90% Silver.
    1BDC9542-8BD1-450B-A7EF-05E406F3870B.jpeg
    That’s all for now folks! Glad to try get back into the swing of things.

Regards,
    Michael

NSP, TypeCoin971793, -jeffB and 13 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Congratulations for your graduation. Geez, when I graduated in 1965, all we got was the diploma......no pack of cigarettes......no Top Value or S&H Green stamps......not even a coupon good for a 19c burger at Mickey D's......nothing! nada! ~ Chris

gronnh20 and CoinBlazer like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Congratulations!

Curious why you have the word graduated in quotation marks? :hilarious:

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. Robidoux Pass

Robidoux Pass Well-Known Member

Congratulations. It's an important step forward. I assume you had a "remote" graduation.

CoinBlazer and Inspector43 like this.
  6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Didn’t all the graduates this year get robbed of a graduation ceremony?

-jeffB and Inspector43 like this.
  7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Congrats, CB. You have earned something that I didn’t have the fortitude to earn. Even without the formal ceremony you have earned something that nobody can ever take from you..... The silver quarter on the other hand..;);)...... That’s pretty cool and quite fitting.

CoinBlazer, -jeffB and Inspector43 like this.
  8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Mine was in 1977. All we got was a blank piece of paper. They mailed you the real one. Too many would loose them with all the parties going on that night.

-jeffB and Inspector43 like this.
  9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Congratulations Michael. May a little bit of silver come to you in all your future
    endeavors.

10. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I think you should carry that silver quarter as a pocket piece. It's precious little compensation for not having a gradation ceremony, but it would be a very convenient way to carry a reminder of what you, as a member of a very special graduating class have been through.

My hope is that you and others sharing the same circumstance will, when the time is right, enjoy a physical graduation ceremony that is memorable and uniquely yours.

-jeffB and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  11. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Congratulations! A good omen for sure. Stay safe and stay alert. The world seems to be spinning faster every year

-jeffB and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Congrats on getting your high school diploma! A sweet find in your lunch refund.

CoinBlazer and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  13. CoinBlazer

I didn’t have an official ceremony. I just came into school and picked up my stuff.

paddyman98 likes this.
  14. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I didn't want to attend my High School graduation, but my parents insisted and at the time they owned the house and prepared my meals, so, well... what can one do, I suppose...

But I'm glad I did attend because I saw someone in a cap and gown at the ceremony who had flunked every class on his last report card (he showed it off almost proudly). I then knew how much my diploma actually meant.

Still, I feel bad for those, such as the OP, who had a pandemic graduation. My nephew also graduates this year, but he didn't want to attend the potentially 4 to 5 hour ceremony, either. So for him it ended up as a little bonus.

15. CoinBlazer

Yeah, for mine, you scheduled a pick up time for your stuff, they would have it in a bag, and off you went. The bonus was that most of the teachers were scattered around so you could wave goodbye and all so I could appreciate that my school tried.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted