Islamic State mints its own 'Islamic Dinar' coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by midas1, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stephan77

Stephan77 Well-Known Member

Probably gold plated.

4. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Highly unlikely.

5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

It doesn't appear to be an interesting looking coin to me.

6. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

That reminds me, I have a bunch of old Iraqi dinar with Saddam Hussein's picture on them. Do you think these could be worth anything?

7. mr-cheyenne

mr-cheyenne New Member

I have heard the Islamic State is rich on assets including gold. Moreover they pay wages of their soldiers in gold - sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if they mint something like a coin or an ingot.

8. wmichael

wmichael Active Member

In the world they live in the right to coin money is a statement of "We are are real, we are free". Any nation that can't coin, is a slave state. It's almost like they have to do it.

Mr Roots likes this.
  9. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

I wonder where they are being minted.

:)

10. wmichael

wmichael Active Member

I do too. Where ever it is, I bet there won't be too many, and most of these will be sought out and melted as soon as the locals regain control. Just talking coins, not politics, these are going to be rare.

11. john59

john59 Well-Known Member

China

rooman9 and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  12. Pawnmonkey

Pawnmonkey -----so easy even a monkey can do it-----

If they're being minted in China half are probably tungsten and the other half being counterfeited.

midas1 and Kentucky like this.
  13. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

My bet would be China and plated to boot. Will be scarce when the humans wake up and spray them all with VX nerve gas....

Kentucky likes this.
  14. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

The sooner they come to an end, the better! Thugs and murderers using religion to justify killing, scum of the planet.

15. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I hope you are right. The U.S. and other nations should counterfeit ISIS coins in bulk, circulate them in ISIS territory, and cause their economy to collapse. This is exactly what Hitler did or planned to do in World War II (some of the notes were lost). It appears to have the potential to work quite well for established economies; I wonder how well it would work with ISIS.

NSP likes this.
  16. john59

john59 Well-Known Member

Good point we could get China to do it they know how they do it to Us all the time

17. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Markets.. China fails we fail, America fails China fails..
    we are that interlinked.

charlietig likes this.
  18. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Interesting how the Country of Qatar, you know, the one that bribed all the FIFA Exec's and the one which is buying athletes left and right to compete in Olympic Sport, can provide financial support for ISIS so that they can mint this stuff.

As a collector with at least a few ethics and morals, I would never consider purchasing this stuff which would only add my dollars to financially support their evil goals of which one is in eliminating coin collectors.

The admins may mark this as a political post but that doesn't bother me at all since, in this case, that coin is all about politics. Nothing more and nothing less.

For that matter, I kinda wish they'd establish an actual country with biorders and a government and such. That way, we'd have some latitude and longitudinal coordinates for correctly guiding the bomb in their direction.

19. wmichael

wmichael Active Member

Util one of our moneyed members gets hold of one we're not going to know. I think there's half a chance they might be real. Being caught in a fake would lose a lot of face. Does anyone know if there is/was a mint in any area they hold?

20. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I'm fine collecting things from past regimes. Nazis, Communist Russia. But things that support modern tyranny I won't.

21. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I don't think posts like yours are what the moderators had in mind when they prohibit political posts. Regardless of one's political views (liberal v. moderate v. conservative; Democrat v. Republican v. Other), I think it is fairly basic to all civilized societies that murder and genocide are wrong and unacceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.