WTT: Islamic and pre-islamic coin lot for Roman/Greek

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by jb_depew, Nov 10, 2017.

1. jb_depew

jb_depew Well-Known Member

Hello,

I collect ancient Roman (Republican through 180 a.d.) and Greek (archaic through Roman imperial) coins. I do not collect Seleucid or romano-gallic (late roman) coins. These Islamic, pre-islamic and Indian coins came with a collection of Greek/Roman I bought, but I find them very labor intensive to attribute and sell, on account of the fact I'm not an expert in this area. So, I thought I would try something fun: solicit a trade for a Roman or Greek issue of equal value to the lot. I would prefer a single coin from the time periods listed above. I will consider anything that is visually attractive (yes, it's subjective) and grades Fine or above.

In the lot below you may find some of these issues (based on some impartial research I did). I can provide weights and measurements if you need them.

In no particular order:
    • Kidarites, 370-380 AD
    • Gondopharas Billon Drachm, 20-50 AD, Indo-Parthian
    • Post-Gupta Fractional Silver, circa 500 AD
    • Kashmir, Fath or Path Shah, 1 Punchshi
    • Shihandeshah II Delhi 800-1026 AD
    • Punchmarked silver 1/2 karshapana from Haryana (ca.500-450 BC), Ancient India
    • King Kamaragupta, 1 ???, 414-455 AD
    • Egyptian Mamluk 671 AD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please let me know what you think this lot is worth as a whole (honor system) and what you have to trade.

Thanks,
    Jeremy