Is this worth keeping

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Shaun Schafer, May 31, 2021.

1. Shaun Schafer

Shaun Schafer Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Cool only has two different numbers,i would its only $1 even though its condition isn't the best.

GH#75 and Shaun Schafer like this.
  4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Not exactly a radar, but nice! I would keep it for liar's poker at least.

Shaun Schafer likes this.
  5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Its pretty close i did notice that if only the second 0 and first 2 could switch places.

6. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Keep it. The notes with only two numbers that repeat are fun to collect but typically have no added value.

7. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

This note is a Fancy Serial Number. It is what is called a Binary Serial Number, meaning it has only TWO different numbers in the entire serial number.
    Now, it would be better if the two numbers were 1s and 0s, and the condition leaves a lot to be desired. Condition wise, it is wrinkled and stained, with creases, BUT it doesn't have any tears that I see and all 4 corners are intact.
    It could be worth $2 -- $5 on eBay. It would have been worth up to about $10 IF the condition were right.

Info on Fancy Serial Numbers :

CoolSerialNumbers.com - Fancy Serial Numbers

cool-serial-numbers-worth-more

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

If the condition was better, I would say
    most definitely, but still a good novelty
    to keep around, but no extra value.

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Is liars poker really a thing ? I spent years at bars and clubs when I was younger, and never once saw it being played.

10. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Liar's Poker was popular when I was in the Air Force. I still golf with military friends. After settling up our golf wagers, Liar's Poker often breaks out on the patio as we drink beer and smoke cigars. I always keep a few "ringers" in my wallet...as does everyone else. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted