is this worth buying

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by papermoney54, Mar 14, 2012.

1. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

If you are only looking for copper cents, and you go through a good amount of boxes, then I'd say it's worth it. But unless that thing has a WAM setting, I'd still do it by hand.

4. papermoney54

and its good for searching silver too i read in the description

5. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Read closely, it can do 50 rolls per hour?? I can easily do 250 rolls an hour (hunting for silver). For cents, sure, for silver, no way, you'd be missing out on the fun part, actually finding the silver in the rolls. Won't you miss the rush of seeing the silver edge amongst all of the clad?
    HOTN

6. papermoney54

there still be a rush to see what silver has come out. it just wont be as big of a rush is all but im personally fine with that

7. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

Do you fully understand what you would be getting? I'm not sure I understand what they mean by "build your own case."

8. papermoney54

yeah its just the mechanism, the case i think is opitional.

9. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

This is in no way directed towards the OP but in my opinion these coin sorters are for lazy people who are nothing more than wannabe copper and bullion profiteers. How about potential error coins that will be missed? How about proof coins, how about older Mint BU coins? Those are just the coins that will be sorted and rerolled without being given an actual look at by anyone. Then there are the copper cents that will just be cyphoned into a container never to see the light of day again until they are sent off to a refinery. How about those IHCs that wont be noticed or that 1922 plain cent that was worth $700? 1922 plains have been found in circulation which is why I used that date as an example.

10. pballer225

pballer225 Member

I think using a machine to sort the coins defeats the whole purpose... coin roll hunting isn't really a means of making tons of money, it's a fun hobby that makes a little. I mean honestly, I make probably $1-2 an hour from CRH. If you had a machine doing it maybe you could make more, but it would become a hassle with the huge amount of coins you'd have after the machine sorted them. Not even mentioning that machine only does up to 50 rolls per hour, lol.

11. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I know of plenty of people who sort out the zinc and send it back, just looking through the copper. Someone on here does that in large quantities and stumbled upon a '14-D in the wheats he pulled out.

Draft saved Draft deleted