Is this what I need to get started metal detecting?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Sullysullinburg, May 4, 2015.

1. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

Also is this a good price for this stuff?

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Your last thread on the subject should be of some help. IIRC, one person did recommend that model to you.

4. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

For $110.45, I can point for you! ---------->

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i have the ace 250 an love it, the pointer you really dont need to start off, the other stuff is just accessories, you can use any hand shovel or small axe for roots an a fanny pack to hold stuff...

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Bud K sells a nice small stainless, collapsible shovel with a belt looped case. I carry a small back pack with my tools, including a brush to clean off what I find, some newspaper in case I find old bottles instead of coins, a zip lock to carry any coins and a pick to get under difficult rocks. I also carry a collapsible shovel with a serrated cutting edge for the roots and deeper digging.

7. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

The main things you need are, a detector, headphones and a good solid digger. The other stuff you have listed is just not necessary, a cheap nail apron works well for your finds. The Ace 250 is a perennial favorite for beginners but the technology is getting a bit dated, there are some newer lower priced detectors that could be considered.

Draft saved Draft deleted