Is this legit?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by GH#75, Mar 28, 2020.

1. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Hello all. Today, I was just searching the Web and came across this coin being sold on etsy. I know Esty's a bad site, but usually it's because people price things way too high or they try to sell you some junk coin they threw in a wood chipper and call it an error. This is the opposite. It is a 1933 $10 gold coin for only $5500 in uncirculated condition. Do you think this is legit? (I'm doubting it)
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/715154...n-dollar-coin-uc?ref=shop_home_active_5&cns=1

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

There are only a few 1933 eagles known and they are six figure coins. The mint tried to melt them all..... I think the give away is the he says he has three available. I don’t believe has has one. I know he doesn’t have three. I’m sure those were minted in China.

-jeffB and Collecting Nut like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'll go with fake.

GH#75 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'd avoid this guy at all costs. He has a $2.00 bill with a stamp on it for sale as well. His price is $375.00 but in reality you couldn't sell it for $10.00 and that's very generous.

6. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

I highly doubt he has three in stock.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I can say for sure the 3L buffalo is a fake. Most others look like China or Middle east replicas without 'copy'. Jim

8. SamuelFred1

SamuelFred1 I Guess I'm Kind Of a Decent Member at This Point?

It is definitely fake. I would like to elaborate though. The date is WAY too large to be genuine, and the eagle on the back just looks confused while it should look confident.

9. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

No one mentioned the silvery color on the reverse and especially on the edge. I don't think that is reflection from the 2 x 2. Bad plating job?

10. FarmerBill

FarmerBill Member

I see there is a link to report the seller or message him. I'm not about to sign into that site but someone should report him. All of those coins are bad fakes.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Etsy doesn't seem to do much.

12. cbtengr

cbtengr New Member

That guy is on "offer up" as well trying to sell a lot of fake coins.

13. Coins USA

Coins USA New Member

Looks fake right of the bat

14. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@GH#75
    Both of us put the item in our carts to make the seller think we are also interested :hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted