Is this just an old die?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Zach1983, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Better pictures receive better advice. Took several tries on a clashed die dime before I got a response last year.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FooFighter

FooFighter Just a Knucklehead Coin Hunter

@Zach1983 We arent here to give you a hard time.

Just like Mr Burton Strauss III said, people cruise through here and think they have THE million dollar coin, and they get all upset and bent when someone here tells them the hard truth.

I dont remember his name, but 1 guy on here kept an argument going for. a year or 2. He was really obnoxious and threatening. It was kind of funny towards the end. I'm sure someone will know who I'm talking about, and you can go read it. It's kinda sad too.

Anyway,,,,, dont be afraid to post as many questions as you can think of. BUT , you have to be able to handle the truth, AND some friendly bantering. We all pick on each other, that's what shows what kind of person you might be, (and it brings us
    a little closer.) dont tell them I said that.

Anyway. Mr Strauss nailed it, saying that these people here KNOW what they are talking about. I was just like you when I first came here. I couldnt believe what they were telling me. The answer wasnt what I wanted, but it was the truth.
    These knowledgeable Guys and Gals are a mix of Einstein, the Encyclopedia Britannica and Jerry Seinfeld. LMAO
    Believe me when I say that they know what they are talking about. So put on your thick skin suit and a party hat and bring your coins and questions, because this is the only site I know of, where they will 100% of the time be right. If it truly is a coin with any value, they won't hesitate to tell you and wish you good luck with that particular coin.
    But if it is PMD, post mint damage, or any other reason that would make your coin only worth face, then that's what it is.
    I respect these guys so much, they are my mentors. I'm actually jealous of alot of the coin collectors here. They really have it going on. From current 2019 coins to the coins that might have been in Julius Caesers pocket, some 2,120 years ago. It's awesome.

So with all that said, and I apologize for being so long winded. But we are all a family here, maybe MORE of a dysfunctional family, but hey, we got people that know about errors, and processes, or ancients, or Doubled Dies, or the presses that are used or the life of a particular Die.
    If I was going to put money on a coin, I'd come here for their advice, first.
    So welcome to Coin Talk.
    Grab something to drink, put your feet up and engulf yourself in all the content here. You'll learn everything you want to know about coins, and some things you might not want to know too.
    Ok,,,,,, Foo out
    I'm sorry, I forgot the most important thing. Take clear pics, Obverse, front, and Reverse, or back. Then pics of the question or issue you see with that coin. Be clear,,, dont just say "what do you think?" or "look" or "I'm a dummy, so pick on me". Lol just kidding. Coins are Cool

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Cheech9712 likes this.
  4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Cool example. Plus i like it. Tha ks. Never got one of those

5. Cheech9712

6. Cheech9712

So if not a seniors coloring book. I should get one of those theropy rhinoceros to take on the bus with me

7. Cheech9712

I think he's trying to help. But i get you

8. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

The reason people ask for pictures with a neutral background IE black or white is because it distracts from the coin and also hide details that people need to see to asses what it could be.

9. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

If you can fit it on the bus go for it :D

10. Cheech9712

Come on zach. Be the bigger member

11. Cheech9712

@Zach1983. Hope you read this

12. Zach1983

Zach1983 Active Member

I for. I've been laid up with an infection and the flu for the past week or something. I lost days somewhere

13. Zach1983

Zach1983 Active Member

But I didn't argue with anyone.

14. Zach1983

Zach1983 Active Member

15. Zach1983

Zach1983 Active Member

16. Zach1983

Zach1983 Active Member

This one does 20190831_224744_HDR.jpg

17. Cheech9712