is this Fugio overgraded

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by jon67, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jon67

jon67 Loves Lincoln's

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

I would say ms61 BR but yeah it is overpriced IMHO.

4. jon67

jon67 Loves Lincoln's

5. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

I am not familiar with the grading standards for Fugio Cent or other Colonial coins! However, if the grading is similar to grading for early U.S. Large Cents and Half Cents, then I don't think it would grade above VF-35, although a TPG may go EF-40/45 due to the rarity.

Frank

6. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

I think there;s a different grading system for this type coin I don't know were i read this but i may be wrong.

I think they bring them up a couple of grades a EF to another coin may be a MS 61 to the fugio ,maybe because of the intricate design ,and the rareity of the piece.I hope I'm making some kind of sence, since were talking about the fugio cents.Please do me a favor Jon67 and kill that dam bug already it drives me crazy.
    Jazz

7. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

I am not so sure it is overgraded, I don't see any wear, Fugios usually show strike weakness.

8. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Yea I already broke three monitors swatting that bug :headbang::headbang::headbang:
    rzage:D:thumb:

9. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

Looks like dinner to me! :eat:

Ribbit :D

10. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

:eek:My Mom just put fingerprints all over my laptop screen trying to kill the bug:hammer:

11. Boss

Boss Coin Hoarder

John, I don't know these cents but certainly wouldn't pay 4K+ for one in that condition. You could buy a 64+ Licoln SVDB in beautiful shape that was protected for 100 years for that price. I agree KILL THE BUG. IT MAKES ME VERY NERVOUS.:loud::high5::eek:dd::hug::D:eating::bow:

JUST KIDDING. BUT IT DOES MAKE ME NERVOUS.

12. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Of course there are those of us who can't imagine spending big money on a shiny Lincoln cent when you can get a beautiful old colonial copper! I still don't think it is overgraded, but it is overpriced.

13. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

That's what makes this hobby so great , no rules , you buy what you like , and you're never wrong in your tastes .
    rzage

14. Boss

Boss Coin Hoarder

Exellent point rzage. My apologies. Coin values are derived from Market perception of what people are willing to pay. Likes and dislikes of one coin over the other is Taco's verses Pizza. It's whatever you like. I was just speaking from my point of view.

15. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Imagine if we all liked and wanted the same coins, very boring, not to mention we couldn't afford them and there would not be enough to go around if we all wanted the same ones!

Draft saved Draft deleted