Is this coin overgraded

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cplradar, Mar 6, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Franklins are hard because they have a lot of flat surfaces. Buffalo Nickles has a lot of things to focus on and judge. It is the variation in the strike of the hard metal that makes them difficult sometimes. It takes an education on the years and varieties.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I know they don't. What I was trying to get at was if they were in the same boat we were they wouldn't have endorsed the grade, either. I was speaking hypothetically. And knowing at times they do miss the boat.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

That's just your opinion

Yes

5. baseball21

Which really just proves the point why people shouldn't be trying to say they missed the boat based off of a picture

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

But that's what's asked of us. If it's not a true and accurate representation of course all bets are off, even in the guess the grade questions.

7. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

the second picture was a different coin from Stacks.

8. baseball21

Just because something is asked doesn't mean its has to have a definitive answer, simply saying NGC and CAC saw the coin in hand so it's highly unlikely would be sufficient. This is especially true on high MS grades which is a fools errand trying to grade from pictures

9. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

Technically the grade seems correct, but we have three sets of photos (Stacks plus NGC) and to me the appeal in all of them is bleah. If you can't put up one glamor shot at just the right angle and lighting, then chances are that's what it looks like.

cplradar likes this.
  10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

The Franklins are the same PCGS S/N, the same coin.

11. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

the thread was about the Merc at the top :)

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You're not tracking it. The Frankies were introduced to make the point the pictures we're grading off aren't always everything they appear to be. That's all I replied to, not the Merc. Gets confusing sometimes, tell me about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted