Is this an uncommon 1955 P Roosevelt Dime with cud or die crack ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jo10Jo, May 24, 2018.

1. Jo10Jo

Jo10Jo New Member

I came across this 1955 P dime with FB and noticed a long cud or die crack running across the head on top to the edge. Can anyone tell me if this would increase it's value ? If so does anyone have any ideal of about how high it may grade and possible value ? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It is a Die Crack. Could of been turning into a bigger Die Break after some more strikes. I don't think it would be attributed as anything major. No huge premium.
    Stick it in a 2x2 flip and save it.

4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

1955 was a year with low mintage production across the board.
    Your coin looks to be in good shape. And then the last photo appears,
    maybe too good. Perhaps it's been cleaned.
    Even with the low mintage there is not much value above melt.

5. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Good example of a die crack.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice find. It's a die crack. The metal is raised.

7. Jo10Jo

Jo10Jo New Member

Thank you all for the info.

8. Jo10Jo

Jo10Jo New Member

It was pulled from a BU roll. Never cleaned.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  9. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I know this thread is 2 years old. But my Uncle Frank just sent me this picture of his 1955 Roosevelt dime with the same die crack. It came from an Unc roll of 1955 dimes he bought from a dealer back in the early 1960's. He says he has about 10 like this in the roll. We're thinking about sending two of his nicest ones to ANACS for grading. Our grading costs are low as our Club sends batches of coins at a time to them which keeps our shipping cost per coin very low. As such, our total grading cost is only about $15 per coin. We are willing to spend a little money to have it graded. But, my question is: Will ANACS attribute this coin as a die crack when they grade it? Sorry, I've only had a few coins graded by ANACS and none were die cracks. I have found very little info on this variety other than this post, and another post on a different website but could not find a picture associated with it. Any help with my question and finding out more info about this variety would be greatly appreciated! BTW, this is his picture and it only appears gold toned due to the artificial lighting he used. He says it is bright silver in color. It's also a bit out of focus, lol - sorry!

1955 Roosevelt Obv Die Crack.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted