Is this a Sunnywood Toned Morgan?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Morgan Man, Apr 24, 2016.

1. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Yes, but Bob Simpson acquired it and I think they're all pedigreed Sunnywood/Simpson now. Not that that designation is exactly a downgrade. :)

SunnywoodSimpson.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Well, the toning "fad" as you put has been alive and well for longer than you have. If you want proof, I can show you.

I do have a question for you though. What is it about rainbow toned coins that commands the price premium?

Omegaraptor and micbraun like this.
  4. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Like nature; we love the beauty and natural colors of our outside world. From the morning daybreak to the evening sunset we can sit with our wives or husbands and admire the beauty of nature and wonder how GOD could make such beautiful visions for our eyes to behold. The toning on coins are like that; we marvel at how beautiful an object of our addiction can be or become. When it comes to toners; you can throw the check book out the window. To have one means you have a little bit of "GOD" in a nice, neat, and vacuum sealed holder that we can look at any time we want, with whoever we want, and feel like a kid at the candy store yearning for another one.

I know this is a bit over dramatic; but if you have ever owned a real stunner of a toner then you can understand and appreciate my words. I have sold many unbelievable Morgan toners and ASE's. The main reason was my location. When I was in the Army (now retired) I was stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. I lived on the North Shore side of the island in a community called Helemano Indian Reservation. Due to living so close to the ocean, the salt in the air made my ASE and Morgan albums money in the bank extremely fast. I literally made money overnight and in a short period of time. Ask anyone, sometimes when you live by the coast your coins can tone quite a bit faster than other places. Thanks to the OP for sharing the beautiful Morgan toners. This post brought back some pleasant memories.

5. SuperDave

Nothing logical.

6. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I find the reason perfectly logical. That said, if you cant even admit the reason why rainbow toned coins are popular, my argument for the stability of the toned coin market certainly won't impact you.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  7. SuperDave

There's absolutely_nothing logical about "I like it. It's pretty."

Doesn't mean I don't like them, or they're not pretty. I do, they are, and there's enough people who agree to make the market reasonably stable going forward. Doesn't change the fact that anyone with ambition and a bit of talent can create believable ones from scratch on demand, and therefore there's no logic to it. :)

In the real world, if I had the scratch I'd be a player in the textile-toner Morgan market. :)

They're gloriously beautiful coins, they appeal to me on a visceral level, and I won't deny the appeal.

Draft saved Draft deleted