Is this a mint error, and what would you estimate it's value at?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Alexamonkey, May 24, 2017.

1. Alexamonkey

Alexamonkey New Member

new to this. This seems to me to be a mint error. Am I correct? What would you call it, and do you have any idea or can you direct me somewhere to find out its value?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

no its not a mint error and there is no value to your coin. It's called post mint damage. your coin value 1 United states cent.

wxcoin likes this.
  4. Alexamonkey

Alexamonkey New Member

Question, since is says here you are an active member and answered right away, maybe you can fill me in: I have found several DD's in my 1992's. I was checking for the close AM under a digital microscope, and, although some are so subtle I don't know if they matter, some are far more obvious. I have found myself in a desperate financial pickle- I have to source in every direction for funds. So I suppose what I'm trying to understand is what I might be able to sell these for, and, is this common? This is the first year of coins I've gone through where I've put each one under a microscope. I don't know if I'll find anything similar in other years.

5. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

So, you know. 99% of all doubling on 92's are gonna be Mechanical doubling or "DDD" die deterioration doubling. I don't believe that there have been any confirmed as Doubled Dies.

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Also minor doubled dies that need a microscope to be seen typically will not command much if any value.

coinsareus10 and paddyman98 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted