Is this a fairly rare fancy serial number?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by bonniview, Aug 5, 2012.

1. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Scan_Pic0001.jpg Scan_Pic0002.jpg This note has serious issues but tell me what you think as far as its condition and if its worth keeping.The best way to describe its appearence is to say it was at one time dipped in vegetable oil or some kind of simular matter.Its texture is smooth and retains zero crispness.It has zero odor and after taking it out of circulation has dryed of whatever is on it leaving it oil coated and stained.But none the less its and awesome fancy serial number so tell me any thoughts or what should be done with it thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Wonder if it was ever laminated, or kept in a PVC holder.

I like the binary radar serial - keeper to me.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Definitely a great serial and a keeper. I don't have any idea on value, though.

5. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Do you think its worth trying to restore it?not that i would know how but just to get it in a better condition cause of its binary factor?

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Restoration would most likely cost more than your note is worth.

7. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Yea thats what i was afraid of...it will always be an "apparent" note anyway you look at it i suppose.Ive keep it for over 2 years and although iam not a huge collector of fancy serial number notes the condition makes me want vomit everytime i look at it.would love to see it in a collectors collection that would more enjoy it.

8. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

awesome find.

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Cool serial number, but with the problems you have described, I wouldn't want it near my currency collection. Seeing that it's already contaminated, I'd be tempted to give it a quick soak in acetone, or diluted DAWN to see if it takes care of the oily feeling.

10. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Its a great note for a beginners collection...like steve says it has to be in solitary confinement and away from everything else in a collection.I'll just wait for the first offer from someone to treat me to Ruth's Steak House in exchange for note :yes:

11. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Great serial number, binary radar ;) Probably a seller at $25-30 as is, and doctoring the note at this point would be tricky. Anything you do will destroy the natural coloring of the paper and you'll probably do more harm on the vignettes.

Draft saved Draft deleted