is this a close AM

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by teachmind, Aug 21, 2015.

1. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Aren't they supposed to touching? If so, no.

swamp yankee likes this.
  4. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks normal to me but the photo or my eyes are fuzzy.

6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

is this a close AM - yes

Kentucky likes this.
  7. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Sometimes there can be a gap due to the dies being polished. I would say it's a close AM.

8. Yogui66

Yogui66 New Member

look at the distance between M and E, that is normal. A and M are closer that is call close AM.

9. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

What year is the coin?

10. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Picture of the designer's initials?

11. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

1983 i know you guys think i am wasting your time and knowledge but there is a different font under the normal font for that year. How can i get it looked at by a professional that will seriously tell me the truth of what it is. by the pictures people post and not being person to person it is very easy just to say no and as one cant explain clearly or get a serious explination i mean some members of coin talk do but not always thank you.
    20150822_015640.jpg 20150821_004620.jpg 1440234376107.jpg

12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

There are two error experts who you can send your coins too...but their names/websites escape me. Hopefully someone will chime in. Are you familiar with the websites that explore all the various anomalies this far discovered with the cent? I think one is errerref or something.

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No, it's a WAM.

19Lyds likes this.
  14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No, it's a WAM.

19Lyds likes this.
  15. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Can I add that No, its a Wide AM??

16. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

A wam? Are you guys thinking i am claming it be a 1993 design? I am saying there is another type of font infer he normal font for this year.

17. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

18. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

The coin looks perfectly normal to my eye. Do understand that cents from that era, for lack of a better description, were generally of a low quality and therefore can often display unexpected anomalies.

19. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

ok, so its not doubled?

20. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

What exactly is it that you're trying to ask with this thread? No disrespect is intended, but by starting out asking about a close AM, no less on a 1983 without mentioning the date, then switching to "fonts", and now without any previous mention moving on to doubling suggests you're just shooting from the hip and hoping to hit something. When asking a question, it is almost always best to be concise, especially when any answers given must be based off of less than ideal photos.

And to respond to the latest question, no... I do not see any notable doubling. Have you at least taken the time to search Wexler's or coppercoins? If not, and regardless of what I or anyone else sees or thinks, this should be your first move.

21. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

ok just asking questions for my reasons thank you for answering them as long as your being truthful I appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted