Is this $20 bill worth anything?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Derekg, Nov 18, 2010.

1. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

It's interesting that in my little collection of 300+ notes I'm holding onto that I've gotten from various retail transactions (either from cash back or from bank) I have NO 1990 or older notes in it, or no red seal or stars. Maybe it's just my small town being weird, but my oldest note is a 1996 $20. I like the 1990 series, way cooler design on them. About 95+ percent of cash I receive is newer than 2006.
    What gives... :dead:

Legomaster1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

You need to ask your tellers if they have any "cool old bills" or "old small face bills" or something like that. I walk away with a small face note about 60% of the time when I ask. Sometimes tellers will have a sizable amount in their drawers of pre-1996 notes; it's just that most tellers have been told off from other customers that they don't want them.

Because of this they don't like to offer them and instead set them aside to be shipped out to meet their end. I've found that most tellers are happy to offer them when asked, however.

4. Allison riley

Allison riley New Member

I got a 1985 20 dollar bill. Is it worth anything it’s still in meant condition.

5. Allison riley

Allison riley New Member

I got a 1985 20 dollar bill. Is it worth anything it’s still in meant condition.

6. Allison riley

Allison riley New Member

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes. It's worth $20.00 o_O

SensibleSal66 and midas1 like this.
  8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

$30 In NYC though , :hilarious:

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

This is an old, old thread. Best to start a new one and provide photos. However I believe it’s only worth face value.

Welcome to CT.

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Don’t you just love old threads..LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted