Is this 1963 D penny worth getting graded?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by RLGluvcoins, Oct 31, 2019.

1. RLGluvcoins

RLGluvcoins Active Member

Please be nice when y'all tell me no. Remember you make me sad when Im told to learn. I am trying brain tumor getting in the way of my cognitive skills and eye sight. Know before this round of bad luck I started collage for associates in science and walked for a certificate magna cumlaude had a 4.0 that dropped to a 3.87 I missed 1 to many days though A's on every paper and speeches. Bad winter and was raising grandson, and missed the degree by my internship.
    With that being said
    How y'all doing? I was wondering is this coin worth sending off to be graded if not is it worth trying to sell or should I put in my book? It weighs 3.1 15725789046475587897695114423040.jpg 15725789432393176951373704756152.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

No.
    Most likely the reverse was ground off post mint.
    It's almost impossible for a coin to come out of the mint like that.
    (It is impossible, but I guess there is always some billion to 1 chance, so never say never.)

4. RLGluvcoins

5. RLGluvcoins

Well from what I've gathered the last few centuries LOL is that the only time I win on something a billion-to-one if it's bad lol so I doubt I have that good chance to actually have what's right, just kills me because the other side is so I don't know prominent in their lettering and stuff, its not perfect there are some nice places and it weighs right.

6. RLGluvcoins

What a bummer, shot down again.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I will try to be nice, but I will have to tell you no. When the blank planchet goes in the upsetting machine to raise the rim on both sides the machine can not just do one side, so both were there at one time and was ground down. Sorry Jim

thomas mozzillo and RLGluvcoins like this.
  8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Added: The weight will usually be within tolerances, because that amount of metal is very small compared to the rest of the cent. Jim

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  9. RLGluvcoins

Lol you dont have to worry about bumming me out just some people have answered my posts like I'm trying to skimp on doing the work. But thank you for handing me the news gently giggle

10. RLGluvcoins

Back to the drawing board.

11. RLGluvcoins

What will be the best way to find the West Point quarter when it comes out any pointers?

12. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

There are West Point Quarters already in circulation. Get boxes of quarters from banks or ask for rolls from convenience stores, gas stations during your travels, etc..

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  13. RLGluvcoins

Ty I meant this last quarter coming out. But that still pretty much answers my question thanks.

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Ditto!

Chris

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  15. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  16. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

The easiest way is to buy one. Depending on where you live, you may never see one, but if you like to CRH then do as suggested.

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  17. RLGluvcoins

18. STU

STU Active Member

I would save money by not grading it it is junk to me

19. RLGluvcoins

Yeah I'm getting that idea thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted