is there an area to chat about errors?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by teachmind, Jul 4, 2015.

1. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I have a lot of serious questions. I am having a hard time believing how are some of these errors are what they say and how some been created. Its been about 10 months I have been studying these coins and have been seeing a lot of interesting things on these coins even from other countries also. There is one thing that all of every coin that have been made by stamping it with dies. Therefore a reason that I believe a guide or a grid can be created by what I see but it wont be easy a lot of geometry and a lot of brains. I wish I could meet with some people that are serious about errors and that are reasonable and have an open mind so I can show them of what I am saying because its very difficult to explain in text form.

I was reading this article about what some lines they did not know, what they were. I lost the site I was reading it on. They mentioned lines were dragged from each character and left the lines on the coins, not exactly in those words. I think I could be lots of help and explain those lines. but I don't find the site so if you know where this article is please tell me where to find it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

This doesn't mean that I am right but I can show them what I see and go from there.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't understand what you mean. Can you post photos?

Chris

5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Here are 16,000+ posts on errors
    https://www.cointalk.com/forums/error-coins/

For a simpler solution, show us a photo or tell us what the error is called/describe it in detail and we can try to help.

paddyman98 and loopytoad74 like this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Could they possibly be Trail Die errors? Striation lines?

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. Seattlite86

8. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

PHOTOS or no comprende muchacho....

9. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I have no photos, I just wanted to know where or if there is a chat room talking about errors

10. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

and thank you all for information

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I don't think we can meet in person but this is the place to share your finds and chat with us. I just hope you keep an open mind on our responses and opinions.

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Trail dies! Tommy may be on to something!

Chris

tommyc03 likes this.
  13. Seattlite86

This is the place, chat away!

tommyc03 and paddyman98 like this.
  14. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

ok lets please chat about errors I need to be told how it is. I am really here to listen. Please show me proof of an error if you can or is there anything that I could visualize of this proof being created. I do understand that the experts know and understand the machine that the errors are created from, but even though they know every single thing about it that is not proof. some are. some members here are pretty good on identifying and explaining just by the pictures that are posted by other members, other post there are different answers or suggestion about the coin and do not come to a conclusion on what the topic is about meaning what the member is asking about of there coin in that topic. so I do want to see some proof if possible if not able to show any proof I will continue of what your answer or comment about of what I posted here. thank you for listening and I am here just to learn and listen you guys are the experts not me.

15. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

For an answer first we have to have a question. You're being too vague. Ask about a certain error and photos can then be shared showing examples.

16. Seattlite86

Name an error and we can help you out. I really think something like this is all you need: http://www.coin-collecting-guide-for-beginners.com/error-coins.html
    Now, if you have a specific error coin you want more info about, take a picture and share it.

17. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I mean any error, is there proof you can provide for? If not lets continue the conversation. I do mean an error that is done by machine not by mistake or accident.
    If there are errors that are done on purpose as by the die maker (if that is correct tittle or term) or mint, please exclude those also.
    At the begging of this error collecting or hobby, I was studying the coins and maybe look in to the coin way to deep. I remember looking at one single coin for three hours or more I even think I could of looked at it a little longer, but anyways I noticed something on every coin made and what I am trying to do is get some information I need to continue my project of this confirmation, guide and checking error chart or something like that don't know yet what its going to be but I cant create it without knowing certain things and don't know how to ask them
    Thank You!
    P.S. this is why I was asking is there a chat room for this type of conversation, ahh maybe I am way over my head with all this and should just leave this subject alone.

18. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

hey nice site Seattlite86 thank you!

19. Seattlite86

You're welcome, and out of curiosity, do you speak any languages besides English?

20. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

If you're staring at a coin that long you're over doing it. There are errors and varieties. Most error coins will stick out like a sore thumb. Again, we can discuss errors, but only one type at a time. Give us an example you want to discuss and we can do it. If you don't exactly know what an error actually is, then that explains why you are staring at the coin. If you don't know what a dog is then how do you know if you see one or not?

21. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

thanks for comments and I do also speak Spanish. the reason for staring at the coin that long was to study it not looking for errors. lets chat about the BIE errors what is it exactly?

Draft saved Draft deleted