Is the NGC Premium Membership worth it?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by o0jayson0o, May 31, 2011.

1. o0jayson0o

o0jayson0o New Member

I am totally new to submitting coins for grading, but I have some that are unslabbed and I am moving to have my current and future collection slabbed.

I looked at NGC and their premium membership says $109 annually and Five Free Coupons! :thumb:

Does anyone have this and does NGC give you those coupons when you renew or is that just a teaser to get you in the door?

And what if I get the coupons, cancel my membership and then just renew wuth the basic one?

Anyone's thoughts/answers are appreciated!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I have been a paid member of NGC for the last 7 years. You receive the free grading certificate upon renewal every year. Why would you want to cancel? Are you hoping for a refund AND the use of the grading certificate?

Chris

4. o0jayson0o

o0jayson0o New Member

cpm9ball

Thanks for the info Chris. I couldn't find anything on NGC's website that said you get the free 5 coin grading certificate when you renew each year so I figured I'ed run it up the pole and see who salutes. I wouldn't expect a refund, just want to make sure it isn't $100 a year for the same stuff the regular membership gets you.

5. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

It's not worth it for me.
    Why?
    1. I'm an ANA member so I can submit coins to NGC without joining.
    2. I don't have 5 raw coins I need graded each year. I buy my coins already graded.

6. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Right... it's only worth paying for the 5 gradings if you already have 5 coins in mind that you want graded and can take advantage of that coupon... otherwise, use your money to join the ANA if you haven't already and you can then use NCS/NGC whenever you need to w/o paying to join.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Everyone has their own way of doing things, and that's fine. I get the Elite membership every year. Besides the grading certificate I get upon renewal, a $150 value, I also get a 10% discount off the tier charge of all my submissions during the year. I normally submit 70+ coins a year, so it works out that I'm getting the membership for free. On top of that, I attend the NGC Luncheon at the FUN Show every year (next year will be my 9th consecutive year) and they always give us a nice little gift that is worth $25-$50.

Chris

8. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

The membership is well worth it. You will not get the little extra features it offers for paying members.

9. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

If you are a member of the ANA, then you may submit as many coins to NGC as you like as an associate member. This is what I do.

10. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Please post some coin photos!

Hello again o0jayson0o,

What kind of coins do you collect & what are you thinking about getting slabbed?

11. o0jayson0o

o0jayson0o New Member

Coin Photos

Hey Collect89,

I collect early turn of 1900's commeratives and mid to late 1800's silver.

Draft saved Draft deleted