Is the Mint getting really slow?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Roseland3, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

I ordered the new Tuskegee Airmen quarter design on February 8. I received conformation later that day that my order was accepted. Now it has been nearly two weeks and no word that they have been shipped or any delay. Is the Mint that behind or just that slow? The last series, Tallgrass Prairie, I ordered was confirmed the same day and shipped just two days later. Now - nothing.

I also tried to order the new 2021 ASE on the 11th and kept getting bounced out. Now they are out of stock. ??????

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

the new excuse for anything and everything these day's is Covid!

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have heard horror stories like yours. I don't order from the mint frequently. My last order was a couple rolls of Bush dollars in December. My order was acknowledged the same day and received shortly thereafter. Perhaps I was lucky. I'm sorry you are being held up like that.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

Could be the mail I got a bill the other day and it was already past the due date how was it being sent?

6. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

now.jpg

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The Mint blames their troubles in delayed orders on Covid. Then there's the post office which we all know has gone down hill along with Covid.

JCKTJK likes this.
  8. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Remember they couldn't get the Mayflower commemoratives out for weeks either. I guess that was due to some issue with the numbered COAs supposedly.

9. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Doesn't have to be the mint but it's their product. Could be isues at their fulfillment centers. The mail is still screwed up also.

Even before covid I'd wait weeks for my order's from the mint and delayed information updates on the website to a point I've found the package on my porch and the next day they mark it deliversed and it was previously sitting on order processed.

10. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Take your pick

• Manufacturing issue
    • Packaging issue
    • COVID-19
    • Winter storm last week backing up packages all over the US
    • They're out to get you personally

11. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

Once they dump the current postmaster general things will get better.

12. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

I shipped a FedEx overnight envelope out to Fort Worth Texas and it took a week and a half to be delivered. It should have been delivered the very next day. Weather conditions have seriously slowed most shipments down if being shipped in the areas experiencing the seriously adverse weather conditions. We all know how bad it was in Texas just recently. I've got relatives in Nebraska and a number of days ago the night time temps hit -30 with the wind chill factoring into the mix.

13. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

Up date...... The Mint sent out an E-mail. They finally shipped. E-mail came this morning.

JCKTJK likes this.
  14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I know a couple of dealers who have purchases backed up in the mail. The US Mint isn’t exempt. It took forever to get the latest ASE proof.

JCKTJK likes this.
  15. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

I ordered a couple of additional Mint sets for 2020 and they arrived within days. My subscription set then took several more weeks to arrive.

Draft saved Draft deleted