Is the lack of facts a scam..

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Aug 11, 2018.

1. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

I would vote for #1. The consumer should be doing their research before buying and if they don't and get scammed, it's on them. If they are elderly, they should have the experience to avoid bad deals. Sadly, most people do neither. So they end up buying cars and trucks based not on crash tests or low mpg or road handling, but on how much the interior appeals to a real person (not an actor!).

mlov43 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CasualAg$

CasualAg$ Corvid Minions Collecting

If the slabs were made larger, we could put warning stickers and labels on each coin until they became as safe as ladders. Did you know you could fall from a ladder and get hurt? The warnings on the ladders prevent that.

JPeace$ and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's impossible to give any real odds on future sales for coins. My odds at roulette if I play the same style wheel and make the same bet are the same today as they were last year and the year before ect. Whether or not I could sell a coin purchase for a profit changes yearly, sometimes monthly, and sometimes even weekly.

Did you know using a hair dryer while still in the shower is dangerous, the label says so

5. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

You mean you won't feel bad for me when I answer that email saying sexy Asian women want to hear from me? :meh:

JPeace$ likes this.
  6. CasualAg$

@Hommer: Sarcasm is underappreciated. I thought your previous post was incisive and humorous.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Careful, if they're too big, they become a lifting hazard, with a new set of safety-label requirements...

CasualAg$ and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  8. baseball21

If things don't work out with you and the Nigerian prince either I won't feel to bad

9. CasualAg$

Business must be slow at the Mayo Clinic.

10. CasualAg$

Darn it, you’re right. OSHA regs would add costs and in California we would then have to submit for carcinogen tests.

We’d be better off taping the coin to a ladder.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  11. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Here I am supposed to be setting a boss-like example in my office and this had me laughing like a danged hyena....

12. -jeffB

Depends. What kind of tape? Hope you've still got the label for it...

13. baseball21

Duck tape is tape is attempting to culturally appropriate ducks.

14. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Just like real Witches are offended by a proverbial Witch Hunt?

Hookman likes this.
  15. CasualAg$

I’m guessing Scotch Tape is right out, too.

Hookman likes this.
  16. -jeffB

That will kind of depend on how Brexit goes, I think.

Hookman and CasualAg$ like this.
  17. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Since I'm not a scammer, and I abhor those who are scammers, I vote #2.

mlov43 likes this.
  18. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

And they have been illuminated, those are NOT a PROBLEM anymore. 3rd highest rate on medical problem is the CARE. Now, all docs, hospitals, nurses, etc. are OFF the hook due to this attitude of "EVERYONE is the McDonald's lady" So there you have it, the Doooogood guy that sits at home, does nothing but collect coins, cut his grass, make love 3 times a year and plays Santa Claus once a year has dictated to the rest of America that you may not sue your Doctor. If he has a complete meltdown and severs your spinal cord, you can get 450K MAX in Florida.
    That is what your life is worth why he will continue to bank that kind of money each year for the next 30.

It has gone way past the other side, watch the Documentary Bleed out on HBO, the guy mom goes in for a hip repair to her old replacement, loses half her blood, they put her in E-ICU (electronic surveillance intensive care unit) from Aurora healthcare up in Wisconsin. Blood Pressure drops to 50/40 and the next 7 years trying to get paid for out of pocket expenses. Of course a Gigantic Healthcare system with mass attorneys and CEO over 2M a year will never let them get a dime.
    So, in conclusion, let's just hope it doesn't happen to a family of anyone here, or even a close friend, or god forbid YOU. That is when it is a problem for the DOOOOOOOOOOGoooooder... Then he has to decide, do I join the real world or punish myself.

19. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

Exactly, things should be down the middle as they were in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s... Today, Money dictates way too much. I get the McDonalds lady, but that seems to be the go to example for everyone that thinks it is bad to sue when there is neglect.
    If a Doctor puts me in a wheel chair due to negligence, he shouldn't be able to walk away with a small payment made 4 years later. Accidents happen, that is why there is Jury's. There should NOT be a statue on limitation financially because the Insurance corps. and the hospitals, along with Mega millionaire doctors spent millions to Lobby Congress. There is now too much of that...

Those that disagree are 99% within a small window of never having it happen to someone they know and honestly, a little closed minded, or in the business of making money off of the ignorance of others.

Hookman and mlov43 like this.
  20. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

If you collect coins, you can only have sex 3 times a year? I got to find another hobby!!

21. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I agree with Brian Calvert about the legal/medical professions and organizations, and the insurance companies, and the politicians who make such corruption , not only possible, but legal.

I could go on much further on this subject but Coin Talk !! is not the forum for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted