Is My Two Headed/Tailed Coin Real?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by jtwax, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Just think you'll get $200 in eBay Bucks! :rolleyes:

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

5. tmoneyeagles

6. ice

ice Just happy to be here

You mean that coin was not the find of a life time?

7. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I think it's a cool looking coin. I'd love to have one in my collection. But it is what it is and it isn't $12,000,000.

The hype just brings to mind the "Penache or Enigma" or whatever it's called now.

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I just love e-bay bucks $$$$$

9. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

At the last show I was at Rich Schemmer had about 25 of these with various dates graded by a real grading company for around a grand each... so good luck ;)

I need to introduce you to my friend with the pinnache error... you guys would be best friends.

SPP Ottawa likes this.
  10. chip

chip Novice collector

I have a magicians coin with a lincoln cent and a mercury dime, I thought it was cool and for a dollar it might as well be mine, but mine was manufactured post mint.

Twelve million for that one eh? It reminds me of the little boy selling lemonade, a man asked him how much for a glass, the boy said twenty dollars, the man said, son you are not going to sell much lemonade at twenty dollars a glass, the boy said, I know but all I will have to sell is one.

I do not think that you will sell that one, like others have said there are many examples out there for a whole lot less, but maybe you really really do not want to sell it so no harm putting the price high enough to make sure nobody buys it.

11. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Since 1996 to the end of 1999 In Baltimore coin show too many TPG grading look and see this coin. Those grader assigned on their bourse table they were all FAILED to convinced me for the SAFETY of the Coin.
    We people who owns very Rare coin should be aware about coin switching always happen to the most expensive coins.Specially if you are going to shipped it.The better way to do it. Find the right person who will certified it or slab in public places like BALTIMORE COIN SHOW in Maryland.
    Third I do not worry about the BUYER.. There's a lot out there willing to pay for it IF they found out this coin is Legitimate and certified by Professional Expert in Numismatist World.
    As always If theres a SELLER there is always a BUYER. All I need is ONE PERSON( lots of Bucks$) not a lot of peoples is willing to pay for it..
    So far One caller is willing to pay 3M. and it was decline..:hammer:

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Horsehockey! COL Sherman T. Potter

13. johnny54321

johnny54321 aspiring numismatist

This is absolutely ridiculous. Your coin is not worth anywhere near $12,000,000; and your auction is of the type that knowlegable numismatists joke about. It's not one of a kind. 3 have been posted that are in reputable TPG slabs( ACG is NOT a reputable company) that have sold in the 4 figure ($1,000) range. It's a neat coin for sure, but don't kid yourself about the value. No one in their right mind will pay you anywhere near $12,000,000 for that. I'm sorry, but you need to wake up.

Cindi R likes this.
  14. tmoneyeagles

I know switching can happen but you would know if it did, that is why you need documentation if something like that happened, like pictures.
    Your coin isn't worth 12 million, and isn't worth 3 million, my friend if you were offered 3 million dollars, you were a fool not to take that money.
    You'd be lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks for that coin to be honest with you, especially in that holder. Just by that coin being in a reputable TPG's holder, the value of your coin increases, but rightfully so, you will not have a 12 million dollar coin.
    If this coin was worth 12 million dollars, knowledgeable numismatists would be constantly asking you about the status of the coin, and when you plan to sell. Museum's would probably also inquire about the coin.
    And you know what, if you DON'T believe me or anyone else here, try selling it on Heritage. If you are confident that your coin is worth so much, then sell it on Heritage, because you ain't getting 12 million on eBay...

15. ice

ice Just happy to be here

You should have taken the money and run do you really think we believe that. No one offered you 3 million with out a grade on that coin from a top tier grading company. This is the biggest joke on ebay right now. Also don't hijack a thread start you own with pictures. Ice

16. tmoneyeagles

So redwin117, any new offers on the '12 million dollar' coin?

17. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

While Alan Hager is a nice guy and a good numismatist, I recall that ACG got drug through the bushes and has fallen from grace with the Numismatic World.

But, if you can find a 12 monkeys lunatic to buy your coin for $12 million, more power to ya.

Me no think happen it tho life in this time.

18. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

maybe it's the same person :whistle::goofer:

if you really were offered $3-million for that coin, you should have jumped all over that offer.

19. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Beat me to it!

20. Calicoincltr

Calicoincltr New Member

interesting read. thanks !

21. macrylinda1

macrylinda1 New Member

I liked that article on how they are made. I've got a few of them. A freind of mine has the quarter one but won't sell it to me. Actually I've used my 2 headed Nickel to commit a crime. At work many times we flip for who buys coffee. I usually offer to supply the coin and call heads. Think the coffee police will come get me?

Draft saved Draft deleted