Is my 2005 D special??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mariahfox, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Mariahfox

Mariahfox New Member

Looks very clean in good shape IMG_20210407_183023.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. William F

William F Well-Known Member

It's very nice and clean but it's not really worth much even in that condition, If it was certified it could be worth a few dollars but not enough to even cover the cost of sending it in to be graded, Sure looks good tho :)

4. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

No.
    Severe die deterioration, which gives it the 'orange peel' look.

5. Mariahfox

Mariahfox New Member

Yeah looks orange indeed! And the doubled eyes?

6. Mariahfox

Mariahfox New Member

In a hot moment I was thinking this coin could be doubled. Lol silly me but I will keep this one because is very pretty. Thanks!

Evan Saltis likes this.
  7. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Worth one cent.

8. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I've seen examples on PCGS of various years from 1990s to 2008s with the orange peel effect grade MS66-67.
    Still, unless it's breaking into MS68 it's not worth the costs of grading and this obverse isn't getting into MS68. More like a MS66 top end if the reverse is as good.

2005-2010 the mint sets were "satin finish". It's good to be looking for high grade examples in those years from circulation in my opinion.

I'd also suggest if you are going to do it, know what it takes to get MS68 or better and use that as the cut off. Realistically if it's not making MS68 they sell for $5-$10 if they are graded.... and it's gonna cost you like $30-$50 to get one graded between fees and shipping.
    Ungraded, maybe, $1 if someone wants to gamble, and the pictures are good and they think it can hit MS68 possibly. Someone might take a chance for everyone else it's just another cent.

Draft saved Draft deleted