Is my 1998 p dime worth $895 and the 1999 d dime worth $1610

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by CoinHunter618, Feb 22, 2021.

1. CoinHunter618

CoinHunter618 New Member

I watched a youtube video that said the 1998p dime sold for $895 and the 1999d dime sold for$1610 are they worth that much and could mine be worth the same

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

YouTube is full of lies and misfortune with false info by fools your dimes are worth a total of 20 cents.

NOS, Jeffjay, Sley and 4 others like this.
  4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

5. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

The "strike it rich" you-tube videos are click bait. The only people making some money from them are those who are putting up the videos. Do some research on freely available numismatic sites. It makes much more sense to first ascertain what you have before trying to put a value on them, IMO.
    Welcome to CT

6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

may even be worth $50,000 on Etsy, all it takes is a buyer, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Me though, the coins in the picture are valued at 20 cents total.

Sley and Inspector43 like this.
  7. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

8. Diogenes Diaz

Diogenes Diaz Active Member

There are a few good video by people who own coin shops and the rest make up stuff --Cointalk is a good place to get accurate information and learn.Welcome

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

They are probably worth face value. Don't watch UTube as the information is too misleading. Welcome to CT.

1stSgt22 and Inspector43 like this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to the neighborhood @CoinHunter618. The way those videos on YouTube work is the posting person can make money based on the number of views, so many (most) don't care if the information is correct or not.
    The best way to tell if you have a coin worth more than its face value, is to educate yourself, and keep reading posts here to get new information. Good luck.

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I just Googled these and there were roughly 2.3 Billion minted. Have you another question?

12. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Please get a price guide. It will save you a lot of questions and headaches. redbook.jpg

13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Funny how this truly invaluable resource continues to be one of the best bargains in the hobby, too.

Randy Abercrombie and manny9655 like this.
  14. Sley

Sley Active Member

15. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

I've been saving every dime I get for over 20 years so based on these prices I am now wealthy.

Evan Saltis, Railguy and 1stSgt22 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted