Is it worth more now? Eliasberg 1894-S Dime crosses to PCGS

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Beefer518, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

One look at Classic Commemoratives and Morgans proves that point!

serdogthehound and baseball21 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

Exactly. There may be some wrinkles I am not seeing but I can not see a court calling them "Government Property", particularly when millions of dollar are at stake (if they did I would estimate close to $20 million would be at stake between the 1894-s dimes and the 1913 V nickels) and the resulting willingness for prolonged litigation

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Realistically a lot more than that since if you set the precedent that that can go after anything no matter how many years it has been openly bought and sold, then you realistically just destroyed the pattern and error market as well

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Or the free market system.....look at the DoJ and FTC now saying that acquisitions made by Facebook and Google years ago now are illegal.

They signed off on them years ago, now they're illegal ???

6. baseball21

That's an entirely different issue largely stemming from the active role those companies have decided to take in what can be seen and manipulating search results not to mention close ties with China. There's very valid reasons why they are a target and Europe is going after them as well. It's really not a good comparison

Beefer518 likes this.
  7. GoldFinger1969

They were told the purchases were legal years ago, now they're being told their presence in the company is an anti-trust violation.

Seems pretty clear-cut to me.

8. baseball21

Then you're missing a lot of how they have been operating and trying to control information but I'm not going to go down that road as that could be considered political. Long story short they were trusted to have a lot of power, they abused it and now the world it going to take some of that power back

furham and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  9. GoldFinger1969

I'm aware of the changes in how they operate today vs. 5 years ago, I'm just saying it shows how the government can turn on a dime. That's what they did -- forget the reasons.

10. baseball21

Impossible too, the reason always matters and is often the most important part. There's no real reason why a reversal on those coins should happen

Draft saved Draft deleted