Is it Really Such a Sin?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by toned_morgan, Jan 16, 2019.

1. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

Why is it so disregarded to buy coins from edynamicmarketing? I mean, the ones that are in PCGS, NGC, and even ANACS look just fine. Some of the PCGS and NGC ones have pictures taken by them and they look really good. OK, I understand that there are terrible ones in NTC and other holders, but is it really something bad to buy a coin from that seller?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I saw an NGC Morgan he sold the other day that I believe had been gassed. Can't remember the date or grade. It came up in completed sales.

-jeffB and 1916D10C like this.
  4. toned_morgan

So how do you spot gassed coins? Are they just better than they should be?

5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

This isn't necessarily proof, but this kinda stuff gives me pause:
    20190116_192601.jpg 20190116_192519.jpg 20190116_192532.jpg

Paul M. and Santinidollar like this.
  6. toned_morgan

Yeah but NGC pictures are always crappy. NGC doesn't try at all to take pictures... Sometimes they're great, sometimes they are yellow and horribly taken, such as that one. Also, I thought CAC put the sticker in the top right corner where the label is...

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Paul M. and toned_morgan like this.
  8. baseball21

Usually. Sometimes it's top left depending on the label and for NGC coins they have used that sticker location before fairly regularly

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Maybe so. But the dark areas on the right obverse don't seem to be there in the NGC scan. Tough to say for certain, though.

CircCam likes this.
  10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

This. It's almost always lower right side for me these days when I get an NGC CACd.

11. baseball21

I can see the line and just look at the color difference with the eye/just above the ear and behind the head. The dark pattern matches the toning that's showing in the first pics.

Paul M. and toned_morgan like this.
  12. toned_morgan

Would you guys say it is safe to take a gamble on this one? It seems to have very slight textile toning going North West and some nice bright rainbow colors...

Capture d’écran 2019-01-16 à 19.35.04.png

13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Honestly, it's really tough to tell with the seller's pics. Seems overexposed or something. If you buy one, post your own pics so we can compare.

15. toned_morgan

He also provides 14 day returns, so if it is crap, then yeah I will send it back, and I will warn all starters not to be enticed by his overdone pictures. I saw a thread from 2009 on this site saying that if you have dark toning, just wrap a napkin around your lights and put the glare where the coin is, so the glare is even and the light is diffused, and it looks quite similar to all his photos. None of the coins have cartwheel luster, which is what happens when you do what the thread suggested. Also, does anyone else hate the way how he crops the coin out and doesn't show the coin in the slab?

16. toned_morgan

Also @C-B-D, are you Allegiance Rare Coins on eBay?

C-B-D likes this.
  17. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

...check out this one... doesn't look naturally toned to me. [​IMG]

EyeAppealingCoins likes this.
  18. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I bet this one looks totally different in hand. Probably much darker, subtle toning.

toned_morgan likes this.
  19. toned_morgan

Look at the back, he left the real photo in the back, and it is much darker.

20. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

@TypeCoin971793 bought a gorgeous walking liberty toner from them, I believe. He cracked it out of the NTC holder and posted raw pics. Several members commented that it was 100% natural. Honestly, I did appear to be, despite the fact that walkers really don't tone like that at all.

Paul M. likes this.
  21. toned_morgan

Do you still have pictures of it?

Draft saved Draft deleted