Is it just me or are the current PCGS turn-around times obscene?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Atarian, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

69 WORKING days for 'economy' world coins, 40 days for 'regular' world coins. Their 'target' times are 20-30 days, and 15 days respectively.

So a person could not see their coins for the better part of four months.

Anyone else find that to be a bit unsatisfactory?

NGC looking better and better...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I got 2 orders back from there in the past couple weeks. Both were sent regular service (15 day). The first came back in 30 days and had a mechanical error on 2 of the coins, so I had to send them back and wait another 8 days to have them back, so 38 days total. The second order took 32 days. Right now I have nothing there. My membership renews in a month, so I'll send off more then. Hopefully they'll be caught up. UGH!

4. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Most likely due to the recent CICF

5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I figured we can make this a regular thread, where people report the time it takes to get their orders back. I just submitted the following:
    Economy order with variety attribution: Received 10/25, Graded 11/13, Shipped 11,/14.

6. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Ouch!

What is this CICF you speak of?

7. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Economy plus variety attribution in 13 business days is crazy fast! Time to submit, people!

9. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

NGC also has been extremely slow lately. Got the grades from a friend of mine, but the coins still won't be back for two more weeks at least, or possibly more, and they were submitted in October.

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm just going to start a new thread on this to avoid confusion.

definer likes this.
  11. The turn around time never bothered me, but then I live a turtle based life anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted