Is it just me, or are the 2016 issues hard to find?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by BATTERup646, May 16, 2016.

1. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

By issues I mean circulating coins. The only denomination I found dated 2016 was the penny. I found about 6 of them so far, but were first found in March. I have found no nickels, dimes, or quarters. I remember last year, I've found all denominations by now, and I only sparingly collected then. Thoughts?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

I have rolls of nickels dimes and quarters in my cash dwarer right now, seems like 2016 is the only coins I AM seeing.

Dans Coins likes this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yep, all four denominations are quite common here in central NC -- I haven't seen many 2016 nickels, but that's because I hardly ever receive more than one nickel in any given transaction.

5. BATTERup646

I live in NYC area, you'd think you'd find it in a place overflowing with tourists and settlers.

6. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Think I've seen all the coin denominations, circulated. I did start early & got some 1st run proofs but guess those don't count.

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

What would settlers need with coins? :D

8. BATTERup646

Ah poop, I was thinking of that commercial while making the post. I meant whoever lives there. :nailbiting:

9. Coinlover67

Coinlover67 Well-Known Member

I live in Il and have not seen one. Ton of 2015's but no 2016's. Really want the quarter. Have gotten about 10 rolls of dimes this year and I though i would get one, but have gotten none.

10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

In Massachusetts here. I've seen all but the new quarters so far.

11. BATTERup646

[​IMG]

I was waiting for it, really... Maybe they aren't distributing much to Northwest, and Midwest areas?

Coinlover67 likes this.
  12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Lots of cents, 1-nickel and a bunch of quarters. I live just outside of Philadelphia. Mmm pork roll and egg sandwich sounds good for breakfast.

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

It is just you

14. thejaxcollector

thejaxcollector Active Member

My guess would be a combination of where you live and the "velocity" of coinage in your local economy. There's a local branch of the Federal Reserve Bank where I live. Use to go there with my father-in-law to watch him purchase T-bills, which like most things is done online these days. Could that make a difference?

15. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

"Go west young man....." and visit Vegas. :) I saw more newer stuff there than here locally.

BATTERup646 likes this.
  16. Dans Coins

Dans Coins Member

all over here in northern Va. and DC.

17. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

At any given point these days I have 2016's of all issues in my pocket. Then again, I live three air miles from the Philly Mint. :)

18. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a single 2016 coin yet in Northeast Ohio. Since I said this I'll probably start getting gobs of them in my change now.

dwhiz likes this.
  19. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I've seen one 2016 nickel, which shocked me! I haven't seen the 2015's yet except for a few one cent pieces.

20. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

I've seen cents, a dime, and several Cumberland Gap Quarters. No nickels or Shawnee quarters. All P mint by the way, no D's here in Baltimore, though I did get a Cumberland Gap D while in Denver a few weeks ago.

Dans Coins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted