Is it genuine?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Whipps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Whipps

Whipps Well-Known Member

i know it's not in the best shape and probably cleaned at some point but is it genuine?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

A little hard to tell from the pics but i think its ok. Eagle feathers look a bit odd but maybe its just from wear.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Ya want one of these, buy it in a holder, unless you're an expert in the series. Novices such as us have to save/cover our bacon........

kaosleeroy108 likes this.
  5. Whipps

Whipps Well-Known Member

Agreed. But this was purchased back when I had too much confidence and not enough patience

6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

From looking at the the coin I say it's genuine it matches type 2 Trade dollar pick up points to determine real from fake coins.

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Looks legit, but there are plenty of good fakes out there. Have you weighed it?

8. Whipps

Whipps Well-Known Member

No I need to take it to a jeweler

9. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

That's the first step. Otherwise it looks good to me.

10. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

Some of the stars look distorted but it could just be wear and/or pixelation playing tricks on my eyes. Also, the O and R in IGWT look "off" too me. Those are the only clues that jump out to me as possibly being wrong. Like people have said, could be legit or a really good fake. Getting it weighed and measured is the first step and then better pictures if possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted