Is intercept shield still in business?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I sent an email asking them why they don't albums for SLQ's or Barber coinage. I got a reply instantly saying that delivery to that email address failed. In other words, the email address is no longer functioning.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

According to their website there has been a change in ownership, and they have stopped selling direct, but are still in business. I guess the "new" owners don't want to take business away from their authorized dealers.

4. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

PLEASE NOTE:
    We are no longer accepting orders from our website!

Oh...guess they folded up?

5. hontonai

No, read their website home page.

6. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

What is intercept shield? Some sort of VCI?

7. Jopn

Jopn Member

I like Dansco albums better actually. They have recently added the anti-corrosion slipcases which look good too. The old intercept albums I had my Morgans in the glue would give and the coins slide all over each other. The newer albums have only one row of coins behind each cover and hopefully the same won't happen.

8. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They list a change of ownership by one company from six years ago, and apparently they either had another buyout and a name change by the parent company because it is different than the one listed on the six year old buyout announcement. And the copyright date on the website is from three years ago. The last press release on the website is also from six years ago. The Press release promises more announcements, new products and a newly designed website, which do not seem to have materialized in a six year period.

There has been quite a lot of commentary for some time that people have not been able to find Intercept Shield products, and that the suppliers have been out of stock for awhile as well. I don't KNOW that the company is out of business, but I do suspect that it may be.

10. hontonai

Hey Conder -

Speaking of six years it's been close to that long since you updated the statistics in your signature line. Have you stopped adding to your famous collection of slabs?

11. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

You omitted something:

12. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

They are getting hard to find even from dealers.

13. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

That is true. I have been wondering about them too. A while back I was looking for ASE holders and couldn't find them anywhere. Their holders were great, but expensive. I wonder if they priced themselves out of the market.

14. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

Not sure what VCI is, but the intercept shield is a name brand of hard plastic 2X2's with a black inner foam insert depending on the type of coin that will be placed in it. The coin shop I visit sells them for about $4-$5 for a pack of 4.

15. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

At a recent show a dealer had some for cheap, but the linings were starting to come unglued. I think some are getting past there life span.

16. lonegunlawyer

I have never purchase an intercept shield with a glued in liner.

17. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

Maybe be glues is the wrong term but it was the double row slab boxes and the liner was caving in, loose, looked bad however you want to say it.

18. lonegunlawyer

Are you talking about the white cardboard type ones that come in red boxes?

PS My spouse would love your car!

19. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

No the red boxes with no dividers that hold about 50 coins.

The car is a load of fun.

20. lonegunlawyer

OK. The intercept shield I know of are an actual brand name of clear hard plastic with a loose black foam interior (2X2) that come in packs of 4.

I also have the cardboard type with the clear cellophane type material that are one piece (I guess glued together) that I purchase in single row red boxes.

21. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Still adding to it, I just don't have an accurate count of the number of companies or varieties anymore. I do know the number of companies is over 150 now and the number of varieties is probablly around 370+.

Draft saved Draft deleted