Is eBay not working for y'all?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by funkee, Aug 30, 2013.

1. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Hey all

Is the eBay website working for you guys?

Every item I click on comes up with search results that say:

"Items found similar to..."

And when I click on one of my active listings, it says

This listing (################) has been removed, or this item is not available.
      • Please check that you've entered the correct item number
      • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.
    The eBay app works okay. I tried different browsers but no luck. Support is closed. All my messages are gone. Clicking on My Ebay takes me to:

Page Not Responding
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
    Please try the options below:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Sometimes during scheduled maintenance, there are problems accessing certain features of the site. This was the current maintenance announcement:

The eBay and PayPal systems will be undergoing general maintenance from approximately 23:00 PT (11pm) on Thursday, August 29th to 01:00 PT (1am) on Friday, August 30th. During this maintenance period, certain site features may be intermittently unavailable or slow.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

eBay has been having trouble lately. It's been in the news for at least a week.

5. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You'll forgive me if I don't attach much weight to an article by "Emmy-award-winning" reporter "sara Frank" that is obviously the product of a non-native English speaker, and apparently written from (rather than "targeted to") a sixth-grade level.

7. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Yup, been seeing this a lot in the past week or so.

8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Is eBay dying?

9. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

eBay is trying to be too many things to too many people, and is likely strangling itself in the proliferation of code.

Draft saved Draft deleted