Is eBay a hot mess when it comes to buying coins?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Amberalaska, Feb 13, 2019.

1. HOWARD GOTKIN

HOWARD GOTKIN Member

Prices are high on ebay as ebay's fees have gone up, postage and shipping costs have risen as well as processing fees via paypal. If it's a silver coin you might want to check to see at what price Silver closed at on any particular day, then go to coinstudy.com and get a price on what the coin is worth an then figure out what you might want to spend with all those other fees included. When I sell a coin on ebay that's the guide I use.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Browns Fan

Browns Fan Active Member

I've done about 500 deals on eBay, both as a seller and buyer. After I buy an item, if I like the deal, I follow the seller, making a note about what was bought. I'm following several sellers who have great pictures, reasonable prices, good feedback, descriptions, etc. and I check them frequently to see what they have for sale. Steer clear of poor pictures, excessive hype, etc. I'm a happy eBayer!

4. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Do an eBay search for 'L@@K' (= 130,000+ results) - that's 130,000+ items I'll ignore :D

mlov43 likes this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I really don't get why people put that.

juris klavins likes this.
  6. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

For the same reason TV ads all use words like "new" or "improved"...they work.

juris klavins likes this.
  7. baseball21

New, improved, even Look I could see. L@@k though, naw

8. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

The @©# symbols do get your attention, dont' they?
    They just scream, HEY! L@@K over here!!!

There's a guy who uses these symbols in his video descriptions at Youtube.
    (edited: I better not post a video that replaces the 'a' and 'c' in the f-word with @ and ©. I'm guessing the mods might not like that).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  9. baseball21

That does seem true, but also makes you want to look away at the same time

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

They are to mimic bulging eyes, such as in the old old "Cracked Comics" if you remember such.

Not that I bought and read them ....:)

mlov43 likes this.
  11. Sholom

Sholom retired...

"Every purchase that I later came to regret has always been something that was "a good price".​

OTOH, many a purchase that we came to appreciate has also come at "a good price" ;-)

12. baseball21

Regret was the proper word

13. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

Something I get a kick out of on ebay is this. You see a coin for $20.00 and gets my attention since everyone else is selling it for $24.00 with free shipping. But the guy with the $20.00 coin price wants $5.00 standard shipping. 50 cents worth of shipping. What a deal. LOL. This is just an example. Be sure to read the whole ad.

Draft saved Draft deleted