Is Anybody Buying Anything From The Mint?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

That colorized one is aweson.

I may still buy the 3 coin proof set (not colorized) .. it's on my short list.
    The set reminds me of these that I have stored away
    upload_2022-7-29_8-53-35.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

I could not stop myself, I ordered the new ASE proof today...$73...I have ordered enough this year that both the mint uncirculated set last month and this one has free shipping...

Clawcoins likes this.
  4. erscolo

erscolo Well-Known Member

So far this year, proof set, silver proof set, AWQ proof set, AWQ Silver Proof Set, US Navy silver medal, US Marines silver medal, Uncirculated Coin set, ASE West Point and San Francisco proofs, ASE Uncirculated, Kennedy Half Dollar rolls, Negro Leagues silver dollar (all options) and Purple Heart Hall of Honor half dollar and silver dollar (all options). In short, yes.

5. Clawcoins

Just got notification from the US MINT of my US Air Force 1oz Medals.
    One for my son who's in the Air Force
    and a few for storage

upload_2022-8-14_14-47-26.png

6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I forgot to cancel my reservation for the 2022 s-mint ASE proof. So this surprise fell into my mail box Saturday.

BE074D1D-B041-4B50-987A-CB4894EC5E67.jpeg 60772C2A-9AEA-479F-8E44-6AAF0924ADED.jpeg BA49D0B9-4F71-46F0-B0F6-C1CACA566820.jpeg

Razz and Clawcoins like this.
  7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I used to get the new ASE's every year along with the proof and silver proof sets. I stopped those this year. I DO get the PDS quarter rolls each year. I buy 3 sets. One I flip through my antique shop. The other 2 I just hang onto. The flip usually pays for all 3 sets.
    I do sell a lot of proof sets through the shop. They sell pretty well at $12 a set. I buy them in lot auctions with my target price being $5-$7 dollars a set after BP and Shipping figured in. It is getting harder to get them at that price. I'm hoping that this holiday season will move a lot more of them.

The first 2 quarter issues this year have been selling Strong at about 4x the issue price for Maya Angelou and Sally Ride. The wilma Mankillers are selling about 2x the issue price. Number 4 is coming out this month.

8. Clawcoins

probably hit your bank account too

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

It did

Clawcoins likes this.
  10. Clawcoins

My Order has SHIPPED according to the US MINT !!

except .... the USPS says something else ....
    upload_2022-8-16_21-24-47.png

Guess it will take a few days to meander through the warehouse to the front desk for labeling and pickup.

11. Joel Turner

Joel Turner Active Member Supporter

Looks like the USAF medals are sold out now?

12. Clawcoins

looks like it
    upload_2022-8-17_7-59-8.png

13. Clawcoins

just got the medals in the mail. here's a front/back of them.
    AirForce a.jpg

AirForce2 a.jpg

14. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

15. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Razz likes this.
  16. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Thanks! Edit: I would have taken it out of the capsule but they now have a groove on one side and I haven't taken the time to figure it out. In the past you cou run your fingernail or utility knife along the edge and find the seam and work it open. Now the seam is in a groove...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    UncleScroge likes this.
  17. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Just because something is unavailable doesnt mean its sold out. When something is actually sold out it will say sold out. The Air Force medals have no limit, the mint cannot just sell infinite products of things with the difficultly theyre having getting plancets. If they can get extra/more plancets theyll sell more of them, if they cant than they probably wont sell anymore

18. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I bought mine when they were first listed and available. I haven't seen them yet. I did just get the silver 2022 American Liberty Silver Coin/Medal. I got them the minute they were available. It closed down quickly tho.

19. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Their ads are getting ridiculous. I’m done with them. I’ll confine myself to the older coins.

masterswimmer likes this.
  20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

21. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Everyone is getting the Medal of Honor medal except for me. I signed up for them in February and I got an email from the Mint saying they can't honor my purchase. I signed up again for them, but could not get the coin with color.
    I did get the 2 Silver American Liberty coins in the mail today. I was pleasantly surprised by their packaging. They were wrapped in bubble wrap, then they are in a "hard case". I thought they would be packaged like the ASE's.

Draft saved Draft deleted