Is ANACS crazy, or am I crazy?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, Sep 7, 2017.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

"Loosing game?"
    "Losing game?"
    or "Loosening game?"

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

:oops: You win, you're :bookworm: smarter than I. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

It's a game. Just as the post above. :D :p

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Actually it probably really is a loosening game! Doug would agree.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    -jeffB, SuperDave and Insider like this.
  5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I don't know if someone "loosened," or if someone's rubber band plain snapped.

6. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

I'm kinda feeling fairly good about my recent submission to PCGS now. :)

C-B-D likes this.
  7. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Should be 2 weeks or less before we hear.

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  8. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Ive been in the back of ANACS, they dont have good quality control. Most of the people who do the shipping and holdering are not very careful. But the quality control there is really bad. I often have coins that come back damaged or effected by the people in the back not being careful. And they are pretty strict too.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  9. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

which is it? are they really strict? or do they not have good quality control?

What does the person's english abilities have to do with their competency? Aren't the dates on the coins (and the slabs) written in numbers?

10. SorenCoins

You didnt quite get the point of what I was saying. I was talking about things like shattered coin rings, coins in sideways, or for example a hair caught in slabs. I was saying that couldve been a possibility they mixed suff up, they dont look at every coin, its like an assembly line. "which is it? are they really dtrict? or do they not have good quality control?" strict as in grading a couple series, both.

11. CircCam

CircCam Victory

The bigger point is it's best to not make hasty generalizations, especially publicly. Being careful about that will serve you well. I say that with the best intentions.

Insider likes this.
  12. SorenCoins

It was not my intention to make generalizations or stereotypes. I edited my post because I can see how one could see it as so. All Im saying is my opinion that ANACS does not have a good quality control. I mean, if they did coins wouldnt be loose etc. After being slabbed the graders go through again and people review the coins, so I just dont know how they can let cut off labels and shattered holders go through.

13. Robert Paul

Robert Paul Active Member

Lots of Good Info Here, I feel like I Have Learned quite of bit just by reading this thread. Lots of good discussions and opinions.
    Thanks

Aotearoa and SorenCoins like this.
  14. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Nice Score John!

This is the exact reason I value your opinion and send you a text when I have a numismatic question.

haters.jpg

Kirkuleez and C-B-D like this.
  15. spenser

spenser Active Member

I love it!

16. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

ANACS slabbed a human hair with my Indian head cent.
    I sent it back and they reholdered it [no charge].

SorenCoins and GenX Enthusiast like this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yeah you said that on page 2. This is an old thread. :)

SorenCoins and LakeEffect like this.
  18. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Joining the party late. I see a coin that has been dipped and recolored probably due to some dark spots on the reverse. Pcgs judged it market acceptable. And you win. I’ve played that game with them too. Sometimes you win sometimes no. Do I like the coin as a 64 no. Do I like it as au details for $78 oh yeah. Sell it for a healthy profit to someone that buys the grade on the slab I’ve done the same when they straight grade the ugly or problem coins. It makes up for the ones they nuke for no apparent reason

CircCam likes this.
  19. Libertyron

Libertyron Active Member

Very nice coin.Should grade out UNC, no details.

20. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

wow...that's a beautiful coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted