Iron Medal WW1 with rust problem

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by NormW, Jan 24, 2015.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I have not used it. I haven't had to remove rust on a medal before. Cars too many but that a different issue completely
    I am done with this one. Bye

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NormW

NormW Student Of Coinology

I just looked at the oxalic acid sheet that Krispy posted and I think that's getting to extreme for this case. I did a quick look up and noted that a product called "Barkeepers Friend" has water down oxalic acid in it. Has anyone tried that. I'm sure it's much slower, but probably much safer.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

Ir
    It's a mild abrasive for tough kitchen cleaning which may scratch a coins surfaces. Why don't you ASK NCS as I keep suggesting!

5. NormW

NormW Student Of Coinology

Hi Krispy, I tried 3 different times to register at the NCS site and it kept have glitches. I finally got registered today (after 3 -4 more attempts) and did post there. Thanks for the advice. I was unaware of that forum.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

It may take a little time for them to reply but they usually do get back to you. Let us know what you hear. I will check out the threads there too to see if it eventually pops up on collectors society. I like that forum but it's a little sleepy compared to others.

Draft saved Draft deleted