IRAN on Copins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kaveh Alaf Pour, Jul 9, 2021.

1. It is believed that Nadir shah king of Iran from 1736 to 1747 was the first ruler who engraved world IRAN on his coins after Muslim conquests.
    Ardashir the first (211/2–224) founder of Sasanian empire engraved word IRAN on his coins for the first time in Iran’s history.

[​IMG]

After falling Sasanian dynasty by Muslims in 651 AD until the day Nadir shah took the throne we do not see such world in any form of Iranian coinge.
    Therefore, Nader can be considered a nationalist king who extended the borders of Iran from Baghdad to India and called himself the Shah of Iran.

AdamL, john65999, Jim Dale and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Old World Coins

Old World Coins Well-Known Member

Very nice coin. I collect Iran Kingdom coins. Welcome to Coin Talk. Very nice example I havent seen one of these before. Whats the weight, diameter and denomination of this one.

Kaveh Alaf Pour likes this.
  4. Thank you for your kind message. It’s a gold Ashrafi, 3.48g/ about 23mm/ 5h

5. Old World Coins

Old World Coins Well-Known Member

Very nice. Its always nice to meet an Iran collector I don't find that many of us out there.

I was just able to pick this one up yesterday. I like some of the shah looks.
    Iran gold.jpg

john65999 and Kaveh Alaf Pour like this.
  6. Thank you for your kind message, it is always a pleasure to meet new people and make new collectors friends specially when they come from a same region and culture.

7. Darius590

Darius590 Active Member

Al-Sultan Nasraldin Shah Qajar
    Reverse reads, Al-Sultan Nasir al-Din Shah Qajar

Draft saved Draft deleted