Iran - Identification Help Needed

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Chris B, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

So, I picked these up because they were interesting. The problem is, even with the seller's description, I am having trouble pinpointing the identification. Does anybody out there want to lend a hand? What I am hoping for is the correct KM number so I can add it to my inventory list.

Group Lot of 3 Afsharid, Nader Shah Silver Rupees. Two Mashhad mint(dated 1156, 1155 H. and one Tabriz (dated 1159 H).

Z1.jpg

Seattlite86, Muzyck and ewomack like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Sorry I can't actually help, but those are awesome coins!!

4. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Real nice lot. Too bad that KM is so lacking in the images to make identification easier.

tommyc03 and Chris B like this.
  5. Chris B

Agreed, and I don't own any specialized catalog for this area.

6. TuckHard

TuckHard Well-Known Member

As far as I've been able to discover, Zeno is the best resource with the widest variety. I found the category that includes your coins here, most seem to be undated but I saw one 1155AH Mashhad rupi there.

7. Chris B

Thank you. I will spend some time on that site some this evening. Work got in the way of my research for the moment.

TuckHard likes this.
  8. TuckHard

TuckHard Well-Known Member

No problem, it has a ton of usefulness and some great experts who discuss details sometimes. It can be a bit hard to navigate if you don't already have a good clue about what the coin is, however.

9. Chris B

Well, I was finally able to identify all 3. Thanks to @TuckHard for steering me towards Zeno. I see that there are recent posts but they aren't allowing new signups. Oh well.

Between Zeno, numista, NGCcoin, and my good old Krause world coin catalog, I was finally able to get there. These are neat coins but I doubt I will be pursuing a more extensive collection of these.

It is confusing to me how some of these sources show vastly different looking coins attributed as the same KM number. It makes me doubt the accuracy of the information and my attributions.

Draft saved Draft deleted