Inwood Coin, Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TX15FX4, Jul 31, 2015.

1. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

Has anyone had dealings with Inwood Coin on eBay? They're showing to be in Dallas. I sent them a message through eBay to see if they had an actual store in Dallas that I could visit, but I got no response. Just thought I'd ask.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I have bought several coins from him. The only problem I have had is that he uses stock photos for several of his coins, but he honors his returns.

4. NeonBlurb

NeonBlurb Member

A quick Google search turned up a coin shop at the corner of Inwood Road and Forest Lane in Dallas.

http://www.dallasrarecoinsltd.com

I have no idea if this is the same place.

I am also interested in learning more. I have come across his listings on e-bay. He has some things I may be interested in but I prefer to do window shopping on ebay and buying in person.

If anyone else has any info, please post it!

5. I have ordered from them once with no issues. TC

6. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I doubt they are related. Dallas Rare Coins gives no mention to eBay and Inwood (uses a PO box) uses a zip code 75219 nearly 10 miles from 75244.

Very interestingly, 75219 is the same zip as Heritage.

7. EasyE418

EasyE418 Ca$h Money collector

Let me know what you find out... I'd like to purge a few rolls of 90's ASE rolls.

8. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

I was interested in one of their coins on ebay, but then I read their negative reviews. Most talked about getting no response from the company and long shipping times. Well I went ahead and purchased the coin on July 27th and tracking shows it will arrive today. Not bad, but then again I do live in the DFW area.

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

They have not always shipped at their first opportunity, but I think the latest they have been is one day. I have no complaints about their shipping. I have no experience trying to contact them.

10. bchristopher

bchristopher New Member

I got an email message that they shipped expensive gold coins to me on July 21. However, USPS says that they never received them and it is now Aug 3. All they have done so far is set up a shipping label.

11. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

I believe that's what they do. They generate the shipping label and then take their time with the actual shipping. I'm sure you'll get your coins, but I understand wanting what you paid for asap. Good luck.

12. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Cross reference the coin with heritage alot are for sale buy owner/make offer on the HA site. So what may be taking so long is the need to get the coin from the owner,

On another note there seems to be a few ebay dealers in the Dallas Ft.Worth area that list alot of heritage make an offer coins

13. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

Heritage? Is this a coin shop?

KoinJester likes this.
  14. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

WWW.HA.com

TX15FX4 likes this.
  15. Big Bob

Big Bob New Member

Don't do business with these people. I made a $1245 purchase from this company on Ebay and was given a bogus tracking number and have not received my coins. Unfortunately Ebay continues to let them continue their fraudulent practice.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  16. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

I won one of their auctions for an American Silver Eagle back in July and I received it. The one thing I will say is that they don't communicate with their customers. I sent them several messages and got no response.

17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Are you talking Inwood or Heritage?

18. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

For the record, I was speaking of Inwood.

19. Philip pagliaro

Philip pagliaro New Member

20. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Heritage in my experience has very POOR customer service. They are looking for the big rollers...so that knocks out 98% of us. o_O

21. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Yes, I bought a 1938 NGC PF65* half dollar from Inwood that just did miss a cameo designation (and for a very cheap price with no premium). The coin looked much better in hand. I have no complaints with them at all.

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted