Introducing: The Poe Collection of Moroccan Coinage

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by physics-fan3.14, Nov 16, 2019.

1. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Many of you are aware that I have been collecting the coins of Morocco for many years now. I've shown various pieces as I buy them, but I haven't shown nearly all of them. My collection has grown now to 71 coins, with plenty of room to expand. Thus, I thought it was time to create a Registry set for this collection. My goal, as always, is to present high quality pictures and interesting descriptions of each coin. However, for this set I am also telling a story through the coins - the French Conquest of Morocco. I begin in the early days, before European powers started to intervene in Morocco. I trace the growing French influence, describe how they finally took control of the country, and then I tell the story of Morocco's struggle for independence.

I hope you enjoy reading about this, and looking at my set! I have enjoyed creating it.

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=27306

tibor, ddddd, hotwheelsearl and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I really like your history accounts..
    Quote - "so Spain declared war and landed a large force at Ceuta. This force then captured the important coastal city of Tetouan. As a result of this defeat, Morocco was forced to sign a treaty granting all of Spain’s desires, as well as paying very large reparations" closed quote... interesting stuff.

4. CircCam

CircCam Victory

Phenomenal coins and I love reading the accompanying history so far. I also enjoy that you shared additional numismatic knowledge throughout, making it educational on multiple levels. Congrats on the accomplishment of this set and thank you for sharing your efforts!

Time to pour a fresh iced coffee and dive back in....

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Things might be simplified *just* a bit ;)

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted