Interwebs Cheapest Arethusa Tet

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by vincentsandcoins, Jun 25, 2022.

1. The last three months I’ve been learning what I can about coins. After looking at endless auctions and literally thousands of coins every week, I started making purchases a few weeks ago and have four coins on hand and a couple more in the mail.

As trite and basic as it sounds, I early had my heart set on an Arethusa Tet. At the cost of a few dinners with my girlfriend, this was the cheapest Arethusa I found.

Without the willpower to wait for daylight - I took the photos tonight via iPhone using flash. Thus, the coin looks way more porous and shows dark spots/outlines that aren’t really there (e.g. the horses body looks outlined in black but isn’t actually). It actually shows much better in hand.

At 16.5 grams, 24mm, and a cost of a few dinners it makes me quite happy.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I take many of my images at night with the aid of lamps directed away from the subject. A flash seems to only wash out the image and the sunlight during the day has a poor effect as well. Best, for me, is to take the image on an overcast day. but still shaded from the daylight.

vincentsandcoins likes this.
  4. cmezner

cmezner do ut des Supporter

vincentsandcoins and Broucheion like this.
  5. The Meat man

The Meat man Supporter! Supporter

Nice! That's an iconic coin, but affordable examples are hard to find. Congrats!

Draft saved Draft deleted