Interesting finds here ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Amberalaska, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

Dad's treasure box

Attached Files:

Larry E, Heavymetal, Newbie69 and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SlipperySocks

SlipperySocks Well-Known Member

1980 might be triple struck but I am not sure why the date didn't get obliterated on the last strike. You may need to remove them from the flips just to be sure it's not an impression on the plastic that we are seeing. The first one might be a Clash but need to wait and see what the more experienced guys say. @furryfrog02. @paddyman98

Spark1951, paddyman98 and Amberalaska like this.
  4. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Amberalaska likes this.
  6. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

Let’s hope:)

7. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Not sure, but very interesting.

Amberalaska likes this.
  8. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Does the reverse show this same multistamping? Interesting

Amberalaska likes this.
  9. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

This is the other side

Attached Files:

10. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

How could the reverse be struck on the obverse with no signs of the obverse on the reverse?

Amberalaska likes this.
  11. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

Idk anything about what’s going in here lol

12. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

On*

13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Didn't you tell us once that your dad created "mint errors" in the garage? ;)

Could be an actual multistruck within collar.
    But you would have to verify it.

14. SlipperySocks

SlipperySocks Well-Known Member

@Amberalaska remove them from the flips and then take pictures if it looks like the errors are still there.

15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I believe that's what she said.

paddyman98 likes this.
  16. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Is this a hoax? Just doesnt seem possible. The obverse looks like a flip over quad strike but i also see parts of liberty on Lincoln's shoulder. And then the reverse looks normal.

17. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Looks like your dad tried to start his own mint

18. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

That 1980 is really strange, maybe your DAD had something special in mind for you.

19. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

My dad most definitely made counterfeit bills but his quest for coins was most exhausting. I can remember him Blowing money on rediculoys coin persuits across the nation. Dads oddities have markings that only I can identify, (Kevin’s mule) for instance would be a red flag DONT TOUCH! Bills Modtly tho. I have many many errors, many rejects, many rare coins that were left to me from three generations dating back to 1767 Ellis island where my ancestors came from Ireland.
    So to answer you, YES! Dad was an artist but most of it went with the federal investigators or was confimscated along the way. I will post some more coins.

He died recently passed and I am here posting on CT because I have a quest for more knowledge About these coins I inherited. I love everyone’s feedback! I would like to start selling, donating, etc.

I’d like to know where I can go of who I can talk to in all seriousness so I don’t get taken for a ride lol. I appreciate all the responses and I will start posting some of the coins I’m really CONFUSED ABOUT IN THIS COLLECTION;)

I know nothing unless u tell me
    The links sent to me have been so educational as well ty everyone

dchjr and Seattlite86 like this.
  20. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

II am sure you are in the right place to get some honest answers "GOOD LUCK"

21. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

You’ll likely want to get in touch with @Fred Weinberg or talk to @Rick Stachowski avout getting in contact with Mr. Potter. Those two gentlemen are the leading error and variety experts and should be able to look at your questionable coins and put a lot of uncertainty to rest. I would highly recommend getting in touch with someone of their caliber (and through PMs/discreetly for both financial and governmental security).

Draft saved Draft deleted