Interesting Craigslist Ad

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Kentucky, May 28, 2016.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Magnus Maximus likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Dulce et Decorum est....

4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I guess you can buy anything on Craig's List, but I would never think to look there for Ancients. Hmmm, $300 you say? Once again I will have to check my sofa.

Paul M. and Ancientnoob like this.
  5. Carthago

Carthago Does this look infected to you?

6. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

I have been looking for years on Craig's. Never bought and ancient coin and I have never been pleased with the asking prices and / or examples. Not to say that coin has not come, but the pickings are slim. BTW I sold some wheels on there a while back.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Paul M. and Kentucky like this.
  7. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Always looked for coins, ancients, and bullion. Not worth it. My wife has bought and sold for her crafts. Moved a few large things such as buy and sell trailers, sold appliances and furniture... But nuttin' works for my hobby.

I think looking under @Bing 's couch cushions would probably be a better deal for coins and ancients... I wonder if his wife would mind...

Paul M. and Ancientnoob like this.
  8. Bing

Nah. I guarantee she won't mind a bit. Bu she will hand you the vacuum and duster while you're at it. She's kinda OCD about cleanliness (not sure why she's stayed married to me all these years - I'm like an overgrown kid).

Paul M., Alegandron and Ancientnoob like this.
  9. Kentucky

I actually bought a bunch of Mexican silver from a guy on Craigslist and then sold some of it to a dealer to recoup the money I spent and ended up with a couple of free silver coins. Mostly people want wayyyyyyyyyyy too much for coins there.

Paul M. likes this.
  10. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

That is a rather motley assortment of coins, isn't it? Also, are those coins in Air-Tites?

Kentucky likes this.
  11. Ancientnoob

I bought 5 coins off of Amazon.:rolleyes:

Kentucky likes this.
  12. Paul M.

Seriously? I might have bought like one coin years ago, back when they still had auctions. (I was also big on Yahoo! auctions. I wish those two hadn't disappeared.) Never found anything worth taking a second look at since.

13. Kentucky

Really...what were they and how were they?

14. Ancientnoob

Got a lot of Medieval Sri Lanka bronze coins, different rulers for cheap-cheap!

Paul M. likes this.
  15. Ancientnoob

Look at the thread " How I Went Medieval on Amazon"

Kentucky and Paul M. like this.
  16. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I once saw this on Craigslist a while back and had to take a screenshot and save it...

Comb Job.jpg

17. Kentucky

18. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Well, at least the price seems reasonable for this lot.......

19. Bing

I don't think so. Perhaps $3-400 at most.

red_spork and Paul M. like this.
  20. Paul M.

How can you even tell what a reasonable price is without pictures of the reverses?

21. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

I tend to agree with you and I would have made a counteroffer if I could see both sides of the coins...

By my quick view, I'd be surprised to see any of them go for less than $55-100 each at hammer.....

Regardless, I was thinking shipping included and some seem definitely high grade and well centered...although I'd definitely like a closer look and I'd also like to see the reverses and then compare them at CNG or acsearch...

Last edited: May 29, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted