Ink Bleeding on 2017 bill ($10)

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jacob44, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Jacob44

Jacob44 New Member

Hi everyone,

I found this $10 bill with what looks like ink bleeding in various parts around the upper and lower-left "10" on the face-side of the bill. (See photos.) Perhaps this is a very common error, but I am new and am curious what you all think. Is it worth anything more than face-value? Thanks kindly.

IMG_7414.jpg IMG_7417.jpg IMG_7418.jpg

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

capthank, Sidney Osborne and Dynoking like this.
  4. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

You should also take a look at 2017 $1 frns..around Washington's portrait...with the expansion of the physical plant in terms of length and sheets of now 50 notes, it seems the cameras cannot catch all details..also with the churning out of more notes boundaries for what is permissible are now different...I like Ransom's response.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That is not a bleed through butbitbia csused by an over inking. Actually quite common and it has no added value.

capthank likes this.
  6. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Lesson learned for today thanks Collecting Nut...

Collecting Nut likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you look closely at your bills you'll probably find one. If you see a bill where all the scroll work looks like that or even a bit fuzzy it's probably a counterfeit. Even today's copy machine cannot properly duplicate that fine scroll work. At least that's a federal officer that works in counterfeiting told me. I've even handled those fake bills. I had to write my initials on them after touching but it was worth it.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome Jacob and thanks for the post and question. I appreciate you posting good Full Image photos.

Draft saved Draft deleted