Ink bled through on $20

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by 12tang, May 30, 2012.

1. 12tang

12tang New Member

What do you guys think? Does this have extra value?

Attached Files:

• 201.jpg
      201.jpg
      File size:
      81.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what causes your error, from what I can find it's caused by a missing or partially missing separation sheet.

Error notes don't really have a price set in stone, as people will pay more for errors they like.

I would put it on eBay and see where it goes. You might only get $28 out of it, but hey, it's money!

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

What exactly is a "separation sheet" ? I haven't heard this term before in the context of US Currency.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Source?

6. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Separation sheet??? New one on me as well.

@12tang-is the number a match to what's on the note or is it from the note before?

7. 12tang

12tang New Member

I'm not entirely sure which number you're talking about but if you're talking about the serial number, they both are the same on the note.

8. Lizzrd

Lizzrd New Member

I would say the # ink was a bit heavy. It may have been near the bottom of the stack, just transferring some ink. I have never heard of a separation sheet in my years as a printer, but then again i never printed $ bills ! The # is imprinted separately from the bill.
    I would say no addition value, but like Detecto said, someone may want it.

9. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

12tang, you may not have understood, so, to expand on ikandiggit's question, there are two serial numbers on the face side. They should match. There is also a misplaced serial number printed on the back of your bill. What are those numbers?

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

From what I can see, the serial number (IF19279998G) the district letter and number (F6), and the district seal (black,circular) all became 'super embossed' onto the back of the note.

11. OPAD

OPAD New Member

It might go for $50 , one week ago a similar case with a $10 bill sold for 30 on amazon

Draft saved Draft deleted