Information about $2 Cottontail note?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by smithrow1, Jan 19, 2006.

1. smithrow1

smithrow1 New Member

A friend showed me a $2 bill with a bunny on it. It said Cottontail under the picture. The $2 bill was a 1995 US note. Anyone know about these and vaule?

Thanks

George McClellan likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

A novelty note. A pic of a bunny glued over the portrait of Jefferson. Worth $2, or a dollar or so more as a novelty.

4. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

I've seen various varieties of these things, where a well engraved sticker will be made (looks as if it was made to be on the bill) and stuck over the protrait of Jefferson. There are numerous varieties, such as Santa Claus, Elvis Presley, more moder presidents such as George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, etc. They're basically novelties and are basically only worth face value from a collector's standpoint, though some are willing to pay a small premium for novelty's sake.

5. smithrow1

smithrow1 New Member

Thanks that's what I told him.

6. Sabrina 39

Sabrina 39 New Member

They are actually very real and came with a certificate of authenticity with them. Walmart was the ones giving them out a long time ago to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network. The reason I know this is because I have one and mine has the certificate with it still.

7. kathleen Howard

kathleen Howard New Member

I have one as well,complete with certificate of authenticity!

8. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a real note with a sticker over Mr. Jefferson's portrait. You can tell by feel or by holding the note up to a strong light.

atcarroll likes this.
  9. Jerry Bandan

Jerry Bandan New Member

No I tried that with mine and the light went through as much as any other part of the bill. Definitely wasn't a sticker.

10. Jerry Bandan

Jerry Bandan New Member

It definitely was real - no sticker. It isn't a bump in the paper where a sticker would be and light passes through the same amount everywhere so it couldn't be a sticker.

11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

They didn't print bills with bunnies on them.
    Photo please.

12. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

If you do a search on eBay for "novelty note" you will find all kinds of these. Some have stickers, some were printed over the original note. Yes, they are "authentic" -- meaning the original currency is real. No, they did not come from the Bureau of Engraving & Printing looking like this. The certificates that come with them are a gimmick.

13. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Post a pic of the certificate too, it will be fun to see

14. George McClellan

George McClellan Active Member

Oh dear! Now all they lack is an "appropriate" serial number...:watching:

15. Jljames82

Jljames82 New Member

Hello I have also 1995 Bunny Bucks now I feel and looked real close it is a sticker of a bunny covering Jefferson so now I know

16. Jljames82

Jljames82 New Member

Yeah it's true a 2 dollar Jefferson bill that's has a sticker of a bunny on it but bunny it doesn't say cottontail it says bunny money

Draft saved Draft deleted