Infamous Freedom Tower Silver Dollars - new virtual exhibit

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by dcarr, Nov 25, 2006.

1. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I've received numerous inquires requesting inside information regarding the "Freedom Tower Silver Dollar" coins and related items. That's because I had something to do with the creation of them, unfortunately. So rather than repeating my self over and over again, I've put together a virtual exhibit that illustrates the different issues (and there are more different varieties than most people are aware of).

Freedom Tower Silver Dollars - virtual exhibit:
    http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/ftsd.html

PS: I do not buy or sell these, except on occasion when trying to acquire one of each type or to dispose of duplicate samples.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddyk

eddyk New-mismatist

I'm not sure if anyone remembers my thread 'Skyscrapers on Coins'

Also the design of the Freedom tower on the coins is not the one that's being built.

So they're pretty stupid, you will end up with a building on a 'coin' that's never going to be built.

4. CoinOKC

CoinOKC Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

I disagreed with NCM's marketing campaign that was associated with these items, but it's still a nice design, Daniel. You do very good work and I like all your designs especially many of the State Quarter designs that were not chosen. You're very imaginative and EXTREMELY talented!

I really liked your proposals for the SAC Dollars. Did you create any proposals for the new Presidential Dollar series?

Keep up the good work!!!

5. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

That is a beautiful coin the art work is just wonderful a great design :thumb:

6. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Thanks. Yes I did create some concept president dollars. But I was contracted to design them by a private company, so they will be in charge of unveiling/releasing them.

7. eddyk

eddyk New-mismatist

Could you make a coin with me on it? :p

8. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I could make a coin with anyone on it. Even myself :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

9. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

:mouth: LOL :mouth: , that's so cool :D

Neat Post
    Ben

10. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Thanks,
    Here is one of the other sides:
    [​IMG]

11. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

LOL, so true :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

12. eddyk

eddyk New-mismatist

Any more? :p

Do you do these on PhotoShop?

13. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

No, these are real die-struck "coins" made out of copper-nickel, about the same size as a real quarter.
    I've done 14 states so far as parody quarters. Eventually, I'll do all 50. Here are a few more (all have the same reverse side with me on it):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. crystalk64

crystalk64 Knight of the Coin Table

Mr. Carr is currently working on the 2007 Knights of the Coin Table silver medallion. Lots of folks are waiting for the final design on this very very limited medallion. Hope he finds time to show it around here as well as other forums. I can't wait!!!

15. Dockwalliper

Dockwalliper Coin Hoarder

Dan, Can those coins be bought. I NEED tha NY coin.

Discuss such things by PM or email please.

16. CoinOKC

CoinOKC Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

Absolute Genius ! ! !

17. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I have so many opinions about this Freedom Tower that I can't even express them all...

I can sum it up as saying they needed to rebuild the towers virtually as they were, and it should have been finished 3 years ago.

Ruben

18. eddyk

eddyk New-mismatist

Towers like that take years to build...

I do often refuse to call it the Freedom Tower as it's so stupid.

I guess maybe to rebuild them as they were, they would have just ended up a painful reminder.

Those quarters are hilarious, See Post #14 :D

Would be a fun thing to have.

19. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Oh boy those are a hoot, please show us any others that you have done :hail:

De Orc :kewl:

20. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Dan:
    See Post #14
    Do you have a web site?

21. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Yes, PM sent.

Draft saved Draft deleted