Indian Head Nickles - Type I grading

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cplradar, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Never claimed to be anything else. I would guess most here are in my same boat, but thanks for pointing it out Circle dot 1.jpg .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Mountain Man, replied: "Never claimed to be anything else. [Of course you didn't] I would guess most here are in my same boat, but thanks for pointing it out"

What I tried to point out is IMO there were some errors in your post that might confuse others. I believe that in order to become knowledgeable about anything it is best to start out extremely simple. Everything should be strictly defined in a way that cannot be refuted. NO VARIABLES. Example: Teach a kid the difference between a hairline, micro scratch, tiny scratch, scratch, and gouge and then let them decide what it is and if it matters to them AND to the TPGS professionals.

A scratch is not and never will be thought of as something to turn a Mint State coin into an AU. That said, it will lower the MS grade and the coin's VALUE may drop all the way down to the XF price or lower.

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

I'll tell you. I am sitting here, looking at my new Buffalo through the magnifying glass, and I will tell you, these things are a true work of art. Look over one, turning it in the light and seeing it from all angle. The design pops out of its space and is a feast for the eyes. Can you imagine they put this on a COIN, a Nickel no less, the cost of an egg cream.

5. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Draft saved Draft deleted